H and I both have counseling today

KFld

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: scent of cedar</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I like that husband is thinking about how to make his current digs comfortable. I think that will help him to grow.

Make it all seem more real to him.

And once he gets it that this is really happening, and why, and begins to take everything seriously...maybe then you two can really work on putting your marriage back together.

</div></div>

I'm not really seeing this as a putting our marriage back together situation. I think he's making himself comfortable, which is good for him, but I also think he's more ready to move on then he's ready to admit. I think I am beginning to admit this to myself though, that it may be time for me to move on. And I think I'm beginning to feel pretty o.k. with this.

TerryJ2

Karen, if you two end up being friends after this is all over, more power to you. It would reflect two adults who have gone through a lot together, who grew apart, but who can remain civil and compassionate throughout.
I'm hoping you both come out of this as stronger people, and that your husband-ex-to-be will learn to accept responsibility for his poor decisions. That's all a part of growng up.