h1n1 for Miss KT

KTMom91

She couldn't sleep well last night, said her back was hurting and she couldn't get comfortable. She went to work, came home, and said she was cold. Her temp was right at 100, and she'd started coughing. Gave her Tylenol and cough syrup, and sent her to bed. Her temp was 100.4 two hours later, so I made her call her doctor. They did the nasal swab, gave her Tamiflu, and a note to stay home for 10 days. She's freaking out at missing school, and that she was working with the babies this morning. She just thought she was tired, not sick.

Her temp is still creeping up, and even though I believe you should let sleeping children lie, I'm going to wake her about midnight, check her temp, and dose her up again. I'm not comfortable with going to work while she has a fever, with any luck I can catch a nap tomorrow. I hope this doesn't mess up this semester for her...she's been doing well.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a prayer she gets over it quickly.

I'm soooo hoping I don't get it. It would mess me up in school something horrible. I dunno if I could stay out as long as they want you to and ever be able to catch up on all the work.

((hugs))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm so sorry she caught it! Hopefully it will be mild and over quickly for her.

I'm starting to wonder if this is the bug my three had last April and is perhaps the reason why they haven't caught it yet while the kids around them are dropping like flies...

smallworld

If she can handle Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc), it's more effective for both fever and body aches. She might feel better with that. Tamiflu should lessen both the severity and duration of the flu.

Hope she feels better soon.

flutterby

Fly away!
I hope she feels better soon.

We're starting to get it around here, although it seems to be moving a bit more slow.

easy child's girlfriend's mom has it. And girlfriend was just there yesterday. :faint:

KTMom91

How do you homeschooling parents do it? Having her home, velcroed to my butt, is driving me NUTS! I didn't get a darned thing done today except herd panthers when they bit her toes. No kidding. She fussed about eating, finishing the vat of OJ she poured, taking any pain medications...but of course, she let me know how badly she was hurting.

Nine more days of this...I hope she gets better and goes back to school ASAP.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I hated having the kids home sick. Although I have to say not one of them was as bad as husband. lol

I hope for your sanity sake.......she gets well quickly.

((hugs))

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope she is feeling better very soon. She is a real sweetheart to chat with Jessie. They seem to be getting along well.

Hugs to all of you!

LittleDudesMom

Hope she feels better soon. My difficult child is in the middle of his bout with "the swine" as well. The 10 days was totally different that difficult child's doctor suggested. She told me to wait 48 after the fever broke. His fever has been as high as 104! Last night his fever stayed a consistant 99.4 so I'm thinking the worse is over for him. The last three days were really hard because he was so very sick.

Hope the swine leaves your house quickly and doesn't take anymore of you with it! I have been the queen of lysol, surgical gloves, rubbing alcohol, washing hands, and antibacerial handwash!

Sharon