H1N1 Patients Shed Virus Longer than Thought

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks for posting this. Good to know something like that. Our school is seriously considering requiring both the flu shot and the swine flu shot, thanks to good ol' H1N1.

moonglow

My son never ran a high fever with this at all. He ran a low grade fever once in awhile. I was all set to send him to school Wednesday thinking he just had a bad cold but then the nurse called saying he had the flu and the dr said he couldn't go to school until Monday (this past Monday). I thought that was too long...I thought he could have gone back to school Thursday but that night he was running a below normal temp and I have heard that about this flu too. Even this article you posted says going back to work or school 24 hours after a fever is ok. But I found one news article that said alot of people with this run no fever at all...which makes it worse because they are still spreading it. They think they are ok but aren't. This is probably one of the most confusing flues out there because it seems each person has a different set of problems with it and the normal guidelines for the flu such as high fever, don't always apply with this.

So basically everyone is going to be exposed cause there is just no way to know for sure who is still carrying it...