H1N1 (swine) Flu Statistics and Info

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Our microbiology professor gave us this link to the CDC (Center for Disease Control). Lots of info here. Plus the state by state statistics on reported and varified cases. They are updated daily.

More testing supplies are being sent out to the states, as well as other countries. The CDC expects the number of cases to rise with better testing.

I'm still under the general impression their main fear of this one is it's potential to mutate rapidly. So far, it doesn't seem to be bad, though. Unless as more docs and hospitals get supplied with tests we see a dramatic rise in reported cases.

I still feel better being able to keep an eye on it, and I like having the source instead of news media who tend to hype it up for ratings. Thought I'd share the link for those who are interested.

Glad I no longer live in Illinois, though. Sheesh! They have the most cases with 392.

Here is the link:

http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/update.htm#statetable

Last edited:

tiredmommy

Lisa- My understanding is that the Southern Hemisphere will be watched closely as their flu season progresses. The concern is that the virus will mutate in a second wave. That's what happened in previous pandemics: the first round wasn't too horrible (in our late winter or early spring) but the next fall/winter was exceptionally deadly.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
TM that is what I'm understanding of it too. Which is why I want to keep an eye on it, even though this first wave doesn't seem too bad.