Had emergency surgery early Monday morning!

house of cards

Adding my prayers for a quick and full recovery. If I could create just one universal law, it would be no sickness or injuries allowed in families with difficult child's.Wishing you as much support as possible while you recover.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Wow Vickie - what a story. I'm so sorry you went through all that, but very glad you're on the mend. You sound very positive and upbeat for someone who just had such an iffy surgery! Good for you- :bravo:

My prayers will be with you. :angel:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Vicki

:smile:

Thank goodness it happened when husband was home. How scarey for you!!! I'm glad to hear you didn't have to learn to self-cath. And that you're up and around a bit. I hope you start feeling better quickly.
husband has the same reaction to morphine. Scarey stuff.

As far as the insur co... next time you know to play the invalid so they ok you going to the rehab hospital. :wink:

Sending warm ((((hugs)))) and saying prayers you mend fast and feel better soon.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Fran, husband took Aly and J to my best friend's home (a farm! Aly is in heaven!!) until this evening when he gets off work. Then, there is school for Aly and J goes to daycare, so for the most part, I should be able to rest during the day. I know, it would be impossible to chase my mighty mouse J while she climbs onto the table tops, etc! LOL! :smile:

Steph, docs think that the back caused the bladder issues. That is about the only way they ever do emergency back surgery. He said if I had waited even another 24 hours, I could have been looking at permanent bladder issues. UGH!!!

My good friend is on her way over to "babysit" me today while husband is at work. I am so scared I will fall, as I am still getting light headed while walking.

The in home nurse who did my assessment yesterday was so awesome. They will be coming 2 times weekly, at least, and then a nurses aide will come out the days the nurses aren't here, to help me shower and do light household duties. PT and Occupational Therapist (OT) I haven't heard from yet, but the Charge Nurse said they are recommending at least 2 times weekly for PT and Occupational Therapist (OT). Then, they are sending out a SW to see what areas are lacking for support, like someone to do the laundry, maybe pick up kids from school, activites, etc. This program sounds awesome so far!

Anyways, my sitting time is about over now, and still have some bills to pay online. YUCK!!

Thank you all so much!

Love you all,
Vickie

busywend

I am so sorry to hear about your emergency surgery, but glad to hear things are better. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm a tad late responding...don't know how I missed this, Vickie. Hope your recovery is quick & problem free.

Sending positive thoughts from MN :flower: