Had some fun!

tiredmommy

Duckie, Bff, Bff's twin and another friend had a blast when Bff's mom and I took them on an overnight to Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls, Ontario. Our hotel had a fantastic view of the US and Canadian falls, 2 queen sized beds and a queen pullout so everyone slept comfortably. And the gas fireplace made for a relaxing atmosphere. The Fallsview Water Park was a blast! The girls went for about 3 hours each day. It's funny because we saw 4 other families from our little town at the water park. Great minds...

They also loved the Rain Forest Cafe, the wax museum and Ripley's Believe It or Not. And each girl got to choose their own souvenir. Bff and friend decided on having their hand dipped in wax for their own sculpture. Duckie and twin decided on a Build-A-Bear with a Canada t-shirt. Duckie named her B-A-B Murray.

The most amazing thing? They all behaved really well. Everyone got along (even the sisters, lol). :)

recoveringenabler

Staff member
:bigsmile: I am so happy you all had a good time. You really deserved this time. YAY!
When I was in the 6th grade, that summer, my grandmother took me to Niagara Falls, and I still remember it so fondly today, what a great time.

tiredmommy

Do you want to know what was really nice? Duckie and Bff had been trying to make plans like this for awhile but they had always been put off for one reason or another. So, Bff `talked to her mother and said we should do it over break because of all the stress Duckie has been feeling and that a change of scenery would do her good. What a nice kid!

I've never been to Niagara Falls. It must be so beautiful! I'm glad you and Duckie had lots of fun! If you have a bit of time to yourself, maybe you and Duckie can put together a picture collage of all the things you saw and did, and pick a wall to hang it on. Every time you walk by it, you'll be flooded with special memories of this trip. Looking at it might even help Duckie relax a bit when she's feeling especially stressed. Thanks for sharing this with us. I've been thinking about you... SFR

P.S. Love Duckie's Bff!