Had the intake appointment today for difficult child

F

flutterbee

It went well after I finally found the place. :faint: It's in a part of town I'm not familiar with at all and mapquest had me going down 71 and then to 70 and I haven't been that way in years...I always go 315. Which I know means nothing to you if you don't know where I live...but with my cognitive issues I was exhausted by the time I got there. I circled around a few times and finally asked a pedestrian where it was. I had passed it about 3 times. It's a huge place. Don't know how I missed it.

At this appointment it was basically taking insurance information and signing papers. difficult child is scheduled for 9/15 for a 2 hour meeting with the diagnostic clinician and then it will be another 1-2 months before we get in to see someone. They are very nice there. The intake person is a social worker and thinks very highly of the people we are going to be seeing next, plus the psychiatrist. I have a good feeling about the place. I just wish it didn't take so long to get going.

And for the record, I'm not liking any teenagers that are related to me at the moment.

klmno

At least something is moving in the right direction for you!! I'm glad to hear you sound so positive about it- and, next time you go, you probably won't have any problems getting there! Is difficult child positive about it, too?

Lothlorien

Glad you have a good feeling. Perhaps you can ask them to put you on a cancellation call list, so they can get her in earlier if possible.

Are any teenagers really likeable (at leas the ones that are related to you?):winks:

B

bran155

Congrats!!! I know you wish it was a much quicker process, but good for you that the ball is rolling. And even better - you like the place, that is always a big plus!! Our warrior mom's instinct is usually right on target, so if you got a good vibe from the place AND the doctor, I say "celebrate".

Good luck and keep us posted. :)

F

flutterbee

Loth, I tend to like most teenagers that aren't related to me. (I can always send them home. :bigsmile:) Well, and that aren't girls between the ages of 10 and 15. :tongue: