Had the phone interview...

klmno

and now I have a face-to-face interview lined up for Fri. It sounds promising so far but the work is only guaranteed thru Nov. He said there would probably be more work after that if I was willing to travel. I have no idea how to make this work as far as living arrangements but I'm thinking maybe trying to find a place that will let me have a 3 month lease and then take it from there.

Please keep fingers crossed for me- I need this job so badly.

One good thing- the man I spoke with on the phone is the one I'd be working directly for. I like that because things can get tense when one person hires me and then assigns me to work for someone else who has never even met me- it seems like they sometimes resent not being in on it or something. This guy said his kid had been in the hospital- it made me wonder if he has a difficult child in a psychiatric hospital. He seemed concerned that I might not want the job because I might be over qualified. I tried to stress both that I had been unemployed and would be grateful for the work and that I had been wanting to "expand my experience by getting into a related field". Shewww.... so far so good.

He said he'd gotten other resumes from people in my field. I think my edge was little things we can both relate to- his wife went to college where I did, he's working on a military base and I'm a vet, etc. He went to college in the state where I was born, the company is based in a state I used to live in, so we can talk to each other and relate to each other. Reporte can go a long way.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Friday will feel like such a LOOOOONG ways away but i will be crossing everything I got all the through then.
It does sound promising with all of the things you posted. :)

klmno

Friday will feel like such a LOOOOONG ways away.....

You're not kidding- especially since Thurs. morning will be spent in court getting blamed and hearing difficult child's fate and Thurs. afternoon gets spent at VA getting a mammo while my house is sold in foreclosure.

trinityroyal

K, I'm rattling beads and crossing everything too. In hopes that you don't get beaten up on in court on Thursday, that your mammo finds nothing out of the ordinary, and that your face-to-face interview goes super-well on Friday. You're right, rapport means so much, and it sounds like you have a lot of personal connections that this hiring manager can connect to. Don't let Thursday's koi get you down, just keep focusing on Friday -- this might be the sound of that door opening on a fresh start and new opportunities.

Sending hugs,
Trinity