Halloween Party Ideas

susiestar

Roll With It
How stupid are people where you live? Brown recluse spiders are LITTLE. Very little. How do I know? the house husband and I first bought had been empty and we had to treat it for them because we had a huge infestation under the house. I KNOW they were brown recluse spiders because I took a far with a couple to an entomologist I know (family friend).

I admire your catch and release program. Here it is well known that the only bugs/spiders/creepycrawlies except snakes who enter our home are suicidal. I HATE bugs/spiders. But snakes get a good home. I like snakes. yes, odd, like you didn't already know that about me. Duh.

Anyway, enjoy your alliance with Aragog. If freckles were here seh would be sending special messages to witchy kitty to help deal with both you and Aragog, but Capn Morgan still can't figure out the light in the refrigerator and why he isn't allowed in there. So he will be busy for about a decade trying to tackle that problem.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Now can you snap a picture of your spider Star? He sounds interesting. I'm not especially fond of spiders, but as long as they stay outside they're ok.

We have 2 new resident spiders on the front porch which are both rather big, not huge, but big. Built some pretty webs......watched them hunting last night, they're good at it. Travis was going to kill em and I said no, they're webs are out of the way and as long as they don't bother us we can give them a break. At the rate these two are building I won't need fake spider webs. lol

Also had a wee garden snake appear on the sidewalk. Had Travis pick him up and run him down to let easy child's boys see him up close. (I'm such a cool Nana) Then he was released in the flower garden where there is an abundance of crickets which was what he was hunting when we picked him up. :)

Andy

Have the kids decorate their own pumpkins first thing. Then, at the end of the evening, have a prize for each pumpkin. It can be a bigger "prize" that each kid will get for a different prize (a small bag of left over treats/prizes divided amongst them?). "Most decorated pumpkin" "Pumpkin with the most teeth" "Pumpkin that looks the spookiest" - you get my drift - you can come up with a few options ahead of time for each pumpkin, however be prepared to turn on the creative juices once the pumpkins are done since you never know what you will end up with. That way everyone goes home a winner at the end of the night.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hound, your spider webs brought me back to high school. I used to house sit for some friends who had a house way out in the country. Very overgrown except for a fairly small yard and a garden, lots and lots of trees, actually had to drive in a circle between trees to drive up to the house.

First time I sat for them (and there cats) there was a web big enough to totally cover the entrance to their drive. No way to go around it, so I went through it. When I got out of my car (small stationwagon) the car was covered from headlights to past the back door!! I never saw the spider, and the next day the web was built in a way that I didn't have to get through it.

Two years later the guy must have seriously angered a student (he was a professor) because right around Halloween someone dumped a QUART of spiders in his yard. They left the container that they were shipped in (there are companies you can order various insects, etc... from, like Carolina Biological Supply). Not sure what company it was, but their entire yard, and the neighbors who lived in their little area (eight houses build maybe a half acre apart but each with a lot of land behind the house, hard to explain) were so covered with spiders that it attraced carloads of people who all wanted to go see it. I KNOW that the owners didn't do it - they don't like spiders but won't go after them outside.)

Talk about a way to get spiderwebs all over your house!! I will stick with the ones that you buy at the store!

It occurs to me that I know a very large number of very strange people in real life. Given a memory that tends to keep junk like this, makes me a bit scared to figure out what I will remember in twenty years, given the memories thus far!