***Halloween Party***

some other costumes that we have done:

bunches of purple balloons attached to us; went as a bunch of grapes

stepped legs through a clear garbage bag, filled garbage bag with multi colored balloons, secured bag at the neck; went as a bag of jellybeans

dressed in green scrubs, light green face and arm make up, carried a box of kleenex; went as a snot

black sweats, white stripe through the center. Went as an oreo (that one was my dad's idea)

When Tink was just about 1, we did her as a dalmatian, and Dad was a fireman. The next year they were Kitty & Boo.

scent of cedar

What cool ideas!

I think you should go as the snack fairy Suz ~ but I thought that bag of jellybeans idea was pretty cute, too.

Here are two other ideas.

This works best if you know a few other people who don't know what to wear, either.

You all go as a litter of dalmation puppies. Long underwear with shoe polish spots for the main costume. Sew (or glue or pin on) tails made of sweatsocks (also spotted). A wire in the tail will keep it curled up. A white, man's undershirt can be pulled over the head (leaving the face visible). Tie two rubber band bunches of undershirt where the ears should go. The face, done in white makeup, black spots, very pink cheeks and a pink dot on the nose (and nicely done eye makeup ~ always a plus in a Halloween costume I say!). Red lipstick or whatever you usually wear. A big, red bow around your necks to cover where you stuff the undershirt into the top of the long underwear. White gloves (again with shoe polish spots). White socks can go right over your shoes ~ shoe polish spots on those, too.

This is really cute if you can find two more people to do it with you. You can stuff pillows into the long underwear to change body shape ~ whatever you like.

The other idea is spooky looking. Dress in a man's suit, shirt, tie, and hat, but with everything facing backwards. The mask (whatever you choose) goes on the back of your head. With the hat and the tie and everything? It looks like you are facing people when actually, you aren't.

I still like that snack fairy idea though!

Barbara

meowbunny

A friend of mine once went as the mean widdle kid. Torn jeans, shirt half in and half out, a frog in one pocket, baseball glove hooked to jeans in front, a bag of marbles to back, slingshot in the pocket, baseball cap askew with hair half up. I thought I would die laughing when she literally rolled down the hill to get her clothes nice and dirty! She rubbed a chocolate bar across her face to get the dirty look there.

Best part was she met her future husband at the party. He was a shadow -- dressed all in black with black gloves and black face. He followed her around and mimicked her all evening. He just thought she made the "cutest widdle kid" and acted the brat perfectly.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
You guys are too funny. What great ideas!

I guess as Halloween gets closer, we'll need to have a cyber party so we can wear these costumes!

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
It's a good thing that you look just like Angelina Jolie, Suz. Not many women our age can pull off that tutu look.

You might need a good foundation garment, though.

Oh, by the way, that smart-aleck remark wasn't directed at me, was it?

~Kathy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy, I laughed so loud that Chloe dropped the bone she was chewing and Molly started barking. Now I'm wiping tears from my eyes.

Suz