hands shaking?

susiestar

Roll With It
I am typing slowly, with help from spell check because my hands are shaking badly. Anyone know what would cause this? it isn't blood sugar, because I thought of that and tried eating. It is going on an hour now and is rally bugging me. The left is owrse than the right, but both are shaking. I slept okay last night, no unusual upsets or anything. just this crazy uncontrollable shaking.

Ideas would be welcome, I do have a bug and have had a temp that fluctuates from normal to 102.6 for the last four days.

thanks

keista

Sorry, no ideas other than too much coffee - mine started shaking due to that and stress about the time you were posting this. A bug could most definitely cause some shaking - chills, but you don't have to feel chilly.

Feel better and get checked by a Dr.

H

HaoZi

Anxiety attacks do that to me. How's your circulation and do you have any nerve or musuclar damage?

DammitJanet

susie mine do that if I havent eaten all day and it is really bad. I cant even make a phone call with my cell phone or type in the computer. its bad. people look at me like I have some sort of disorder like coming off alcohol...lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't do much caffeine anymore. It makes me dehydrate and get headaches in summer so I cut down to about a can of coke a day. It isn't that or not eating. I do have nerve damage and fibro, so it is likely that but is driving me nuts. Has abated a little bit but still is a problem.

Janet, that is what bugs me, going out in public shaking like that. I get weird enough looks because at 40 I have to use an electric cart at the store. My knees/hips.back just will not walk far anymore. But I LOOK healthy so they stare. I have actually had people tell me that i should be ashamed because I am taking a cart from the handicapped. The manager at Walmart had to tell one lady he would call the cops if she didn't stop following me and harrassing me. It was horrible. He felt so bad for me, because he has known me for years and knows the probls are real. Heck, my docs pushed me to do it, and to get a disabled sticker - they had to force me and tell husband to make me do it because I wouldn't. But I needed both.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well I'm not trying to be smart -------but I have had this happening ------went to the doctors and she told me -

GET UP OFF YOUR butt. She said ALL the major veins to your thighs, knees, legs, and such run to your legs, and cause your butt to be numb......and legs to swell. I said well how does this affect my hands? She said WELL while you are SITTING in one position for that long on your butt? Your hands are in the same position and they are in an awkward position - so They aren't getting blood either -

SO GET UP AND MOVE at least once every 30 minutes depending on your weight - and even MORE if you weigh more. I weight about 165 - So I'm supposed to get up once every 30 minutes. Walk around the house and then resume the position. lol

UGH -

klmno

Familial tremors- I brought this up a long time ago re. Jess, too. Not that it necessarily is the answer, but it definitely could be.

Steely

This happened to me today after 5 hours on the phone with the eeoc. I was a mess. So maybe it is what star is saying in combo with anxiety?

susiestar

Roll With It
Could be. Entirely possible that any of these could be true. Alphabet lady, thanks for reminding me. Maybe if it starts to be often or constant in me then someone will actually try to figure out what the problem is iwth Jess. two of us with the same symptoms, or similar ones, might be more "interesting". Gag.

I was just up hanging up a load of laundry to dry and emptying the dishwasher. That should count for some movement?

It isn't as bad now, but I am having trouble making my fingers obey. Holdovers from the discs that were fused - the not obeying fingers. The shaking shouldn't be caused by it after all these years.

Thanks.

trinityroyal

Susie, one other thought...are your electrolyte levels okay? Even if you're hydrated, if your electrolytes are off it can cause shaking among other things. Pedialyte, gatorade or some other such liquid might help. I find sometimes even if I'm drinking tons of water and eating enough in quantity, I get shaky if I haven't been eating a broad enough variety of foods and my nutrient levels get out of whack.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Doctor told me - to get up - and shake arms, and wrists, hands ----and walk around - do a chore like water the plant, play with the dog, take a load of laundry to the washroom, walk around outside the house, just make sure the veins in the bottom half of my torso and the arms are getting blood to them and my arms. I dunno - since I started to do what she said? I don't have swelling in my right leg as badly as I did. I didn't realize being on line like I was being so desperate for a job search was harming my back, arms and legs......when she explained that my weight on my bum cuts off the circulations to my extremeties? It made sense - so now I walk and leave a towel on the back of the chair and use it to do stretches while I read posts.....hold in both hands and lean right, lean left.......far as you can......then stand and read - at least every 15 minutes.

Kiesta? SMOKING DOES NOT count - if you are cutting off MORE air - it serves NO purpose. lol. None. Nada, zip. one good deed in this case....does NOT enhance the other. You may as well sit and smoke and cut off all your circulation and be done with it. SOrry girl - you gits no star today. But cut back on smoking and MAKE yourself go outside is a good thing. Put those cigarettes in an inconvenient place so you HAVE to get up and walk farther! It's a start to quitting. (see I'm so bossy!) pft. Suggestively and lovingly bossy.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Oh and Susie* the ONLY time my fingers do not obey? Road rage. Swear - I have NO control over that little finner. (no not that one - THAT one)

susiestar

Roll With It
Star, I am quite sure that lack of control over that li'l finner is not at all the problem. It is simply bein' encourage to express itself freely with help from the Universe. Isn't that nice? Y'all and the Universe are so attuned to each other that it can actually reach out to those drivers who really need help from the Universe and give it right to them in their moment of need. It restores my faith in the Universe that it shows such excellent communication skills and is a splendid judge of character(s).

Of course carrying messages from the Universe to the people who need them the most is not always understood and appreciated by those so desperate for guidance. I am sure it is not an easy burden for you to carry but I do admire the way you dress and pay attention to your appearance, especially the manicure on your hands. The cosmos wants your hands to be so pretty that the site of the correction will sear the message right into those in need. I would think a nice red for this time of year, or maybe even a metallic pink?

This makes me wonder if we should start calling it the YOU-niverse, in honor of our very own YOU-niversal messenger.

Star darling, if the You-niverse is sending messages from far away, are you it's YOU-niversal remote?

I just HAD to ask, you know I did!

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Today is not nearly as bad. Still a problem, but not anything like before. Sadly I would have gotten just as good advice from Captain Morgan as from my doctor. NOT the rum, the cat with fur the color of the rum!!

Star, those are excellent words of advice from your doctor. I have been doing quite a fair amount of moving because I just hate not being able to do what I want, when I want. I have found that hanging up wet laundry to dry is a short task that gets me starting to move and then I can squeeze in a few other chores if I don't have to stoop down. Our dryer doesn't heat and I think going to the laundromat to dry is okay for special items that don't dry well hung up in thebathroom. I push the kids to get at least one load a day.

I truly appreciate your ideas. I will try to step up my moving around to see if it helps. I am very thankful that you, Star, do not have the problems with your finger that I do. They simply are awful and a PITA. And if I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy then I certainly pray it won't happen to my friends!