Hannah Hurricane Party!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. :D

Beggin' Strips for the doggies, tuna for the kitties, and if Abbey decides to bring her boys I need a heads up on bird treats as it's been quite a while since I've owned a bird. lol

But I'm in. :D

F

flutterbee

Oooohhh....did somebody say strawberry pie? Do you make it with the glaze using the strawberries? I have GOT to get that recipe from my grandmother.

Count me in. I love hunkering down in nature's fury.

klmno

Janet and other North Carolinians- please check in! The news it hit early morning hours and it looked like a not-so-bad tropical storm, but since trees can still fall and water can still rise, please let us know that you're all ok!!

TerryJ2

Ahhh, you all are always so fast. I was going to start a thread for all of us.
I took the dogs out 1/2 hr ago and they stood and smelled the air and squinted their eyes while the wind blew, and it took them awhile to figure out I had taken them out for a reason. :) Now that that's under control, I can rest more easily for the next 5 hrs to see what happens. I don't expect to be on the computer later today ...

Janet, I have a story about Wilmington. My husband and I dropped off easy child when she was 4, at his cousins in the mntns, on the border between NC and VA. We headed for a B&B in the mnts, expecting a 1-1/2 hr trip. We put in a Patricia Cornwell tape. Great story. So mesmerzing, in fact, that we missed the sign that had been turned sideways, and took the wrong direction for the freeway. Around midnight, we saw a freeway sign that said, "Wilmington" and we freaked.
We turned around and got to the B&B about 3 hrs later.
No more Patricia Cornwell tapes for us! :) :(

Hunker down, everyone. Just a few more hrs...

DammitJanet

We are fine. We went out and bought candles and those crank flashlights "just in case". I even unplugged my computer. Then I sat and watched my tv. Well...we had a few bad bands of rain come through but they were rather quick...and I think I saw it flash lightening for about 10 minutes...but then it all went away and I plugged my satellite back in and all was quiet. LOL. It doesnt appear anything moved at all in my yard.

everywoman

Except for some local roads that flood ANYTIME it rains and an electrical fire that damaged two historical buildings right next to the courthouse, all is well. It's sunny and warm and there is not a breeze in sight. Thank God Ike is going west---sorry people in FLA and Gulf coast---I know you don't want it either.

klmno

I'm glad you two made it unscathed! Others??

I saw one video showing siding ripping off a house in all the wind. We've had constant rain since last night before I went to bed- I hope it stops this afternoon- I don't like running errands in the rain!

Fran

Former desparate mom
There is a break in the rain right now. We got quite a bit of rain and some wind gusts but nothing looks broken. One of my angel trumpet plants blew over on the patio but I don't see any downed trees.
I'm excited since the weather for the drive to the beach vacation tomorrow seems perfect.
It did come down in buckets most of the night though and I can hear the creek just rushing and cascading even though it's over the hill. I may have to go down and check it out.

The storm gave us an excuse to have pancakes and sausage for breakfast. Not sure why I needed an excuse but it's like comfort food.

TerryJ2

Hmm. If it's moving at 35 mph it should be here in about 1/2 hr. So far, just gusts and drizzle. Time to get the flashlights and to unplug my computer. Thanks for the heads up, Fran, Everywoman and Janet.

donna723

I just talked to my daughter in Charleston and they're fine, no damage at all. They took all the precautions though and both of them were sent home from work early. You just never know. She said she's actually seen more rain when it was just bad thunderstorms and they got very little wind. They live in a suburb of Charleston on the outskirts, not directly on the coast. They got lucky in that it didn't hit land until it was quite a bit north of them. I was watching The Weather Channel and figured that they were OK, but it was still good to hear from her.

I hope everyone else makes it through OK.

TerryJ2

Glad you are all okay. It went fine here, too.
I think we can all handle this kind of weather, as long as it doesn't turn into something bigger. :)