Happy Birthday Andre??

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Good morning all................
Well Andre called me yesterday from his cell phone...
So, he says to me : "Mom, my birthday is coming soon (May 4th) and I am going to be 18, can you believe it??"
... WOW... "well guess what.. at 18 I can qualify for credit cards" .. "Well Andre.. I guess you got the money to pay for the cell phone??" ... "no, I just told them that I was job hunting and that I realy needed my cell phone, at least for now. Are you kidding? money for a cell phone mom? I don't even have any money to buy food!!"
YIKES!!!! .... "are you safe?" .. "Yes mom!"... "what kind of job are you getting?" ... "telemarketing" ..
(this kid has an IQ of 157 ... has been trained as a helicopter repair person... That job PAYS ALOT) ..
"Andre, why don't you just go back to the base.. SGT Ellis said for you to call him".. "I KNOW mom!".. "well guess what I am going to do?? .. I am going to apply for "tons" of credit cards and run them all up all the way.."
"Guess I really be running and hiding then hun???" :highvoltage:
(was I supposed to laugh?? is he serious?? WHAT ARE YOu THINKING KID!!!!!)
Never mind that as a family we decided not to use credit cards.. to pay off ALL consumer debt and to start paying off the house early... This is not how he was raised!!:scared:
Should I be appaled?? Should I take it with a grain of salt??
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR this kid is going to be the death of me.....:919Mad:
I know that as and AWOL military kid he is an "emancipated adult".... BUT really... mommy hearts don't stop bleeding when they are grown... do they???
:capitulate::warrior:

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, hate to say it, but you can lead them to water, but you can't make them drink..... Celebrate his birthday with YOUR emacipation........sorry you are going through this.....

DammitJanet

He thinks he is going to get credit cards with no job and that AWOL warrant out for him? That is almost enough to make me LOL. Plus, if they even give him a card the max will be about 200 bucks...not much to live on.

This just kills me....grown people who would really like a card just for emergencies cant get them but they want to throw them at 18 year olds...yeah good thinking there.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Paula, if Andre is AWOL, will you get in trouble communicating with him and not reporting it to the Army if it's discovered?

As for the other baloney he spewed in his call, don't react if you can help it. It seems our kids enjoy our reactions to things sometimes even more than doing it. ARGGGHHH!!!

Suz

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Well, of course.. there is the horse to water thing.....
but you know.. sometimes "mommy hearts" just don't want to take that for an answer...
Also, on the credit cards, here is hoping that he doesn't get any..
he is apparently homeless...
I do know that Bank of America has made arrangements for illigal imigrants to get credit cards.. I do not know about 18 year olds..
I know that new college students get all these applications in the mail...
Yikes... God help us if Andre gets credit cards...!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I doubt he would get far with the credit card. I *think* he was making a joke.

Celebrate the fact that you are no longer responsible for him.

Warm (((hugs)))

ChefPaula1965

Oh my aching back!!
Well, I did not even give Andre the satisfaction of a reaction... I just did so when the call was over LOL I went :highvoltage:!!
LOL....
I do not think that I can get in trouble for talking to him....
You know.. my Witch.. oh I mean mother... had custody of him still though he had come back home.. so the Army will no longer talk to me... Her husband called the Sargent and told him to go through them for all info........... What an S*O*B my back stabbing (have many other adjectives for her) mother and he deserve each other..
The good thing about him calling me from time to time is that I know he is still alive... and just the fact that he WANTS to call me soothes my heart "some"....
Wow is my plate ever overflowing by now.. not just full!!!!
but I am ..:warrior:mom!!
Hugs to all....