Happy birthday to difficult child 2! Lord help me...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I've got TWO teenagers in the house now! :surprise:

That's right, he turns 13 today. Funny thing is that he suddenly seems to see himself differently. He was trying to provoke difficult child 1 last night, saying that now he's a teenager, he thinks he can win over his brother in any kind of "fight" or test of strength. It's really quite humorous. Like he expects to have new "teenage" powers or something.

His big gift was a trip out to the desert last weekend with me to go to a rock and gem show. We had a nice time together and even spent some time hunting for rocks out in a big field. His preference for factual books (especially on rocks) is apparently coupled with fairly high retention of what he reads. I was surprised at how much he knows from just his own reading -- hope it serves him well later on...

We have such a busy day today that we're going to have to carve out time to celebrate his day. difficult child 1 has a school concert this evening which nixes any chance of other family coming over to see difficult child 2. husband and I plan to take him from school and go to lunch (he wants KFC, which is very close to school). I think he's excited about that. :D

Sigh. They grow up so fast, don't they?

LittleDudesMom

:hapBday: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE NEW TEEN IN YOUR LIFE!

That's great that he takes an interest in something and then wants to learn all about it. KFC for lunch sounds fun.

Sharon

DazedandConfused

Happy Birthday, difficult child 2!

:hapBday::whistle:
There's a great picture book called Rocks in His Head by Carol Otis Hurst that is about a boy who loves rocks and eventually grows up to work in a science museum.

I got it for my sister's SO because he is big into rocks, gems, and geology.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Birthday to difficult child 2!!:hapBday:

My difficult child will be a teenager in June-then I'll have two teenagers as well; probably time for me to run for cover at that point!