Happy Birthday to my baby!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Little easy child/difficult child 3 turns 9 today! NINE. OMG. I remember being 9. It suddenly seems like such a grown-up number. She's not a "little" girl anymore, for some reason in my strange head.

She really, REALLY wanted an iPod nano for her birthday. That's pretty spendy, I told her. I know she'd take good care of it, she's just a little more capable than the older ones, being a girl has something to do with that, I think. But, I can't throw a big party AND buy an expensive gift like that. So she compromised. That is her ONLY gift from the family, and she gets to invite a couple of girlfriends for a sleepover this weekend. That, I can handle.

She is walking around with her headphones on singing right now :D She already memorized half the songs from Wicked that were on my iPod...

It's exciting to see her growing up, but kinda sad, too. :(

trinityroyal

Happy Birthday easy child/difficult child 3.
They sure do grow up fast, don't they.

Hope she has a great day, and enjoys the sleepover.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Awww...she sounds so grown up and reliable. I'm glad she's enjoying her iPod and skipping around. Sleep overs are the best. Maybe I should have my adult girlfriends over for a sleep over and send husband and easy child out of the house for the night???

Abbey

house of cards

Hope she has a great day and you survive the sleep over. The youngest is always the hardest to watch grow, I understand the bittersweet part of it.