Happy Birthday!

Belzog

Well, my big boy is technically a man today. He turned 18, and got discharged. It's been a pleasant 7 hours so far. I'm having some rough times with his brother.

I think some of his (both boys') troubles are my fault. In therapy lately, I was told that my younger son is emotionally abusive to me. Great.

I finally got my paper for school done today, it was due Tues, but I got an extension. I just can't seem to focus well for some reason. Go figure.

I'm emotionally exhausted. I was going to go to bed, but I figured I better return my ex-mother-in-law's call that she made me, like 3 days ago. Then I remembered I forgot to frost the dang cake. I made chocolate with that pecan/coconut frosting. I just ate 2 pieces. Big boy is on the phone talking to is step-dad. After you get divorced, their still the step dad, right. Is there any such thing as an ex-step dad?

Anyway, his cake is waiting him on the counter, while he tells "dad" about the financial aid package I got him.

I gotta cut him off and take my phone to lock up with me. Too tired.

LittleDudesMom

Happy Birthday to your son the man! If ex was a real father figure to your oldest, he'll probably always feel like dad.

I hope you are able to get some rest.

Sharon

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Happy Birthday to the young man! I'm sure this milestone is one of both relief and angst for you, especially with what you've all been through lately. Get some rest (but pass the cake first, please :D )!

susiestar

Roll With It
Happy birthday to your big Boy!! Congratulations to you for raising him - I know a LOT of hard work was involved!

As far as things being your fault, cut yourself some slack. If your younger son is emotionally abusive TO YOU then YOU are his VICTIM. It is NOT the Victim's Fault!!!!! If the counsellor says it is - GET A NEW COUNSELLOR!! While you can work to change how YOU interact with-younger child you cannot change what the younger child does. Only the younger child can change himself. You can stop allowing some of the behaviors, to a point. But you ahve to build up some strength first.

I am sorry you feel so emotionally exhausted. I know how that stinks.

Sending hugs and soothing thoughts to help ease your troubled soul.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Belated Birthday to your son! The cake sounds delicious.

I'm sorry your younger son is struggling-Susie is right you are the victim, not him. It's something I have to remind myself of at times.

klmno

Happy B-day to him and Congratulations to you!! I hope things run smoothly- at least for a while!!