Happy Father's Day to all our dads out there!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Father's Day to all the dads especially the dads of difficult children!!!

First a Happy Father's Day to my husband! He has amazing patience (and a great sense of humor) with both difficult child and easy child/difficult child and he really is a great dad! Not many could do what he does on a daily basis with such grace!

Also a shout out to my own Dad! He always has shown amazing love and taught me how to appreciate a good sense of humor (which has really helped with raising two difficult children). He always believed in me and always supported me along with teaching me to have a sense of responsibility and to show generosity to others. I always remember visiting my grandma and grandpa and wanting to head out to visit my cousins but Dad always helped Grandma and Grandpa with things that needed to be done around the house first. As much as I used to hate waiting I appreciate now how he was always helping others. Of course, he still does this when he comes to visit me-helping me with things he sees needs to be done!

I try to live as Dad has raised me and am so thankful for having him as a dad.

Anyone else with memories to share?

Jena

great idea! Happy Father's day to my husband who always tries his best! I'm grateful for my stepfather who raised me since i was 16 and I love alot.

whose next??

again great idea.

skeeter

My dad will be dead 25 years in October, and I still miss him every day (I am an only child). Other than my husband, my dad was my best friend. Even with a heavy work schedule, he always saved Saturday for "me". We would go hiking (until his leg got bad) of fishing, or just driving around in the car. The point wasn't what we were doing, it was being together. He also taught me that it didn't matter if I was a "girl", if I wanted something done, learn how to do it. He built our house, and when we were hit by a tornado when I was 16, I rebuilt it with him. He taught me how to work on cars.
He died when I was 4 1/2 months pregnant with my first - his first grandson. The "F" in NF's name is a version of my dad's name. Daddy couldn't stand his name and asked that we NOT name a child after him, but we changed it a bit and did anyway (with a different spelling it would have also worked for a girl).

My husband has been a wonderful "other" dad to my boys. He's taught them the things their father didn't and they come to him for advice on many topics. It's going to be a hard Father's day for him, though - we just lost his father (at age 87) this past January. And I won't hold my breath that his daughters will contact him.

Happy Fathers' day to all out there.

shellyd67

I truly consider my Dad an amazing,strong, loving man. He was alot of fun when me and my brothers were kids and worked very hard to keep us close knit.

My husband is also a very wonderful man. He is also one of the strongest, most loving men I know. I guess some of us do chose a spouse modeled after Dear Old Dad.

I wish them both and all the Dad's a very Happy Father's Day !!