Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:jumphappy:It's Free Choice Friday - Good Morning! :jumphappy:

We've made it to the end of another week and it is cause for a little happy dancing! I know it's early, but you can do it!!!!

I'll hit the gym this morning after dropping difficult child at school. He gets out early today at 11:45. So, I will see if I can hit the gym, come home and shower, hit the bank, hit Lowes for plants and mulch, and do the grocery shopping - all before I get the boy...... :whew:

We'll see. After I get him, he and I will be hitting the local comcast office. They have removed cartoon network and G4 (gaming channel) from their analog lineup in our area. The tv in the playroom does not have digital cable, just basic. So, in an effort to squeeze additional money out of customers, I have to rent the box from them even though it's not February '09. Not too happy but......

Our day today is going to be crazy weather-wise - we are going to have a 40 degree plus increase in temps! It is 45 now and we are expecting 87 this afternoon!!! Now I wanted spring, but we could hold off on the summer for a few weeks :beach:.

Wishing everyone a joyous Friday.

Sharon

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Morning LDM.

You're right, it is early. Thanks for reminding me. I'm supposed to get up in 2 hours. HAHAHA.

Enjoy your day.

My mom went back home for a couple of days, so I'm taking difficult child to school then going to the surgeon in hopes of getting my ears drained. Not holding my breath. Was hoping to camp this weekend, but its not looking promising. Weather is supposed to be nice, do i just hope to be up to being out.

Its show and tell day, the easiest day of the week to get difficult child to school. Hope it holds true today!

Good morning, all!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Wow-your day sounds incredibly busy! Enjoy the gym!:treadmill: I love when I can get there early and be done! I would be frustrated at having to rent the box! You sure do have summer early! Sounds great to me!:beach_ball:

Of course, those temps may sound good to me because we aren't expected to make it out of the low 50s today. We also get to enjoy some rain with the cold weather.

On my way to work today I have to stop and get bagels & cream cheese for our blooming buddy breakfast today. We find out who our buddies are at breakfast.

After work I will get to the club. My back is feeling not 100% but better so I am hoping to try weights. husband is feeling somewhat better and will be back to work.

I may even squeeze in a nap before the club. If not I will probably be in bed very early.

Wishing everyone a fun free choice Friday:hawaii_girl:

Good morning,

Sharon, sounds like a really full day....I agree, I can wait a few weeks for summer but we usually transition from winter to summer here .... we just trade heating bills to AC bills... :-( Enjoy your dancing!

Shari, I hope the doctor can take care of your ears. I know you will be greatly relieved. Good luck!

Sharon, I hope your workout goes well. I'm planning to hit the Y myself at lunchtime. It's always a high point of my day.

husband is leaving for Toronto tomorrow for a week of work with some fellow programmers - he's trying to get his new software release whipped into shape . It really takes two to take care of difficult child so my hands will be full next week. Wish me luck ! easy child, difficult child, and I are off to the mountains of North Carolina tomorrow to visit my Mom and take her out to dinner for her 81st birthday! We're excited about seeing easy child as it has been several months since we last saw him. He's very busy at school.

Happy free choice Friday everyone!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning from a sleepy head. I slept until almost 8AM. I loved it. I woke up due to sun streaming into my bedroom windows. Very nice spring morning.
It did get warm in the afternoon yesterday. I can see the walks in the woods will have to be done earlier as opposed to later.

LDM, you have a lot to pack into a short period of time. I did find asparagus ferns and I found a white lilac bush. I love the smell of lilacs blooming. Thanks for the tips.

Shari, I hope you feel better soon. You have been dealing with this for a long time.

Wiped out, good news that husband is feeling a little better. Enjoy your bagels and cream cheese.

1dayatatime, I remember fully the long spans of being the sole parent of difficult child while husband was working out of town. Many of the school activities were attended by me alone. husband did try to make as many as he could and the important ones but it did keep my hands full.

Today is going to be a good day to get the patio furniture set up and ready for evenings outside. It feels good to have such wonderful weather. I guess I can stop wearing layers with sweaters and t shirts to keep warm. LOL.

It has been pretty quiet on the good morning thread this week. Guess everyone else is sleeping in or working outside. :bigsmile:

Have a good day everyone.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, surely you can find a bit more to pack into your copious spare time? I mean, really, sounds like you're getting slack, to me... bad news about the cable, though.

Shari, I hope the weather fines up for you this weekend. Ours is promising to continue to be damp and grey.

Sharon/Wiped, the bagels & cream cheese sound lovely. Not something we get much in Australia, though. We're more French or Asian, in Australia. Coffee & pastries, for us. Or fried eggs and bacon, with maybe a grilled tomato on the side.
Enjoy the breakfast, hope your buddy turns out to be someone nice...

1DAAT, I hope difficult child isn't too much of a handful for you this week, with husband away. Enjoy the visit to your mother.

husband & I have had a quiet Friday evening with the kids at a party. At least, that's where they are supposed to be. But easy child 2/difficult child 2 had a difficult day at work and has taken herself (and BF2) to their favourite Irish pub instead. She'd better not be drinking - she's still on a provisional licence and ANY alcohol in her system means immediate loss of licence, if caught.

So in between worrying about easy child 2/difficult child 2, husband & I have been watching tonight's movie on TV, "Sleepless in Seattle". Chick flick to end all chick flicks. Would you believe, he'd never seen it before?

Tomorrow afternoon I go for an audition in "Wheel of Fortune", which seems about to come back to Aussie TV. I'm a bit nervous - I don't want to get in, tape a show and then find it's been canned before it airs, because if that happens they've said anything you win won't be given to you if the show doesn't air. And the network that's doing it is struggling at the moment, they keep starting new shows in a big publicity drive and then cancelling them partway through the season.

I've got a 90 minute drive to get to the Sydney audition. I gather it's to be taped in Melbourne.

Wish me luck!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone. May it be warmer than ours was!

Marg