Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning:We've made it to the end of another week!!!!

Running a little late this morning. Throwing down a quick cup of coffee then heading to the gym for the 6 am water fitness class!

Not too much on the agenda today except, as Linda says, "Becky Homecky" stuff. Typical Friday - gym, grocer, house. easy child leaves today for her DECA states competition and difficult child and I plan to hit a movie tomorrow. A quiet weekend is in the plans!

Hope your Friday is a good one :peaceful:

Sharon

Last edited:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning Sharon & all who follow.

Sharon, a quiet day with Becky Homecky stuff sounds like my kind of day. Have fun with difficult child at the movies.

I have a cold or something & feel like I've been hit by a truck (once again). I'm calling this one the hospital crud as I'm sure I got it there.

My day includes finishing up my tax return (fingers crossed), a home health nurse stopping my early this afternoon & little else. I believe once kt leaves for school I'm down for a nap before I get motivated to do much of anything.

Have a fun Friday.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Enjoy the gym and the movie! I bet easy child is very excited about State!

Linda-Sorry about the cold, definitely no fun! A nap is always a good idea!

Once again, I'm happy it is Friday! My true free choice would be to be lying somewhere tropical on a hot beach:beach: Since that isn't going to happen (it's nice to dream though) I'll take a quiet day at school and home.

After work, I'm planning on my usual Friday late afternoon nap. Sometime after that husband and I have to go buy some munchies for the Wrestling tournament which is tomorrow.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!:kisses:

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/LDM, after the early active start, I hope you have enough energy left to do all the oter things you have planned.

Linda, hospitals are terrible places for giving you infections. It's because they're all full of sick people. Having a rest is a good idea, you will be able to recharge your batteries to cope with her after she gets home again.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your nap. Hmm, munchies plus wrestling tournament... I'd be loading classical music onto my iPod so I could play "Sugar Plum Fairy" while watching the wrestlers dancing in time in my head. It's fun!

I've had a tiring day today. Left with husband, he drove to work then I took over from there. Amazingly we had a relatively easy drive so difficult child 3 & I got to the school early. Because the school is located right next to Garden Island, the Aussie naval base in Sydney, we were right on the spot for today's celebrations. Apparently half our naval fleet was all arriving at once, to be instpected by the NSW Governor from a tiny launch. As I commented to husband, it would be the launch that faced a thousand ships!

difficult child 3 & I looked as we got out of the car, but the ships were still coming in, the dock was empty. After that, I was busy in the meeting while difficult child 3 was downstairs working on his own. Every time we got five minutes break, I went downstairs to check on him and take him a piece of cake or another mocha coffee (decaf). Because our room had an open window facing the harbour, we could hear the 21 gun salute and hear the helicopters flying under the Sydney Harbour Bridge and round the Opera House (next bay around). But no time to even look out the window.

We finally left when school got out, it had been a full day but we got a lot done. And the Garden Island dock - looking to the end of the street, it was full of warships! They had parked what looked like at least five large warships, nose to tail and side to side, so you could probably walk between any of them. Lots of bunting on top of the battleship grey... even difficult child 3 was impressed!

Then it was a rush to head home for my doctor's appointment (made it right on time) and buying food supplies for the birds. After that we dropped in on difficult child 1 & daughter in law, then back to the rail station to collect husband for the drive home.

The art exhibition in the village opens tonight, this is the annual village fair this weekend. The big day is Sunday, jazz in the park, craft stalls and other things under the trees with the art exhibition in the hall beside the park.

We are too tired to go tonight. Besides, it's always too crowded on opening night, full of local artists but also the sycophants and the social climbers. Too crowded to really see anything properly. husband & I will probably go have a look tomorrow or Sunday.

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Running late and throwing out a quick good morning to all!

I've got fish fry prep at church, then I run home and change clothes,
pick up Duckie at school and get back to school for a cookie booth.

Have a great day! :salute:

artana

I have tons of work to do, so I won't be able to respond individually.:(

Yay! Friday! This week has been exhausting. My easy child got sick and difficult child had a meltdown the day easy child was out of school. Everyone at school is concerned because difficult child's meltdowns had stopped (mostly) and they are suddenly coming back. The teacher, however, seems comfortable with this, saying that we have upped our expectations on his school work and his behavior and he's bound to have some issues as he tries to meet the higher expectations.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Little Dude's Mom - You have a good day planned.

Timer - I hope that early morning nap will help get rid of the crud.

Wiped Out - Enjoy a nice quiet day for tomorrow will be fun and busy.

Marg - So cool that difficult child 3 got to see those warships. How was getting up so bright and early for him?

Tired - Lots of volunteering for you today. Hope Duckie enjoys the cookie booth. Hope you get lots of customers.

Artana - Sorry about difficult child's meltdown. It does make sense if expectations have been raised. Maybe need to lower them a bit?

I am so glad it is Friday. I felt bad that I can not help with lunch at school today. The person who gives so much of her time to cover this volunteer spot wants to be out of town but can not find anyone. Fortunately husband says he can do it. She was happy and relieved when I called her last night (9:00). husband wanted to wait until this morning but I knew it would make her sleep better if she knew it was covered.

Bowling after school today! I am so looking forward to watching difficult child bowl again. He has a tournament tomorrow.

Not sure how to do vehicles today. If I drop husband and difficult child off at school then husband will be without a vehicle. Maybe he can drop me off and pick me up after school (or just before school is over).

difficult child had his first firearms safety class last night. It is from 6:30 to 8:45. Gets too late for him. He was so tired by 8:30. Only 5 more classes and range. If we arrive at about 6:20, the instructor will ask us some questions that will be on the test. That will help a lot. I was so proud of difficult child last night. We were about the only ones who brought paper and a pencil. Someone asked on the way in, "Were we suppose to?" I replied that I take paper and pencil to every class I go to. Then, one of the written (on the board) rules was to bring paper and pencil to every class. difficult child wrote down the three most important things about firearm safety on the table tent as instructed (first kid to do so) and then without prompting opened his binder and wrote them again to take home. He is learning how to take notes and I think watching me as I sit next to him will help with this.

I have to call Community Ed today. I am sure I registered for this class (firearm safety) but they did not have it last night. We had problems with registration for ATV training as well through Community Ed.

I also received two refunds for one cookie class. The next cookie class may be cancelled so I was instructed to go ahead and keep both and if the class is not cancelled, I will pay again. I am just hoping they check to see that not everyone was refunded twice. I will point that out today when I call again.

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning friends, I am running late also.
It went from sultry and warm to rainy, cold and dreary. My sort of day to curl up with a book or to clean a closet day. Unfortunately, I'm packing up to head home to Raleigh. I got a lot accomplished in the hurricane clean up and think the house will be livable by the end of the month. I forget how much I love this little island. It's a diamond in the rough but has been really brutally battered and has very limited resources to rebuild the infastructure. The traffic signals don't work yet. It's 6 months after the hurricane today. I plan on making it a point to schedule trips here more often. I almost lost the house and I didn't get enough time to enjoy.

Hope you all have a free choice today. I am choosing to pick up husband at the airport so he can have the pleasure of my company as we drive for hours and hours. :cutie_pie: