Happy Free Choice Friday Morning!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:beautifulthing: Friday is finally here! Good Morning All!

Another crazy low humidity, low temp July day in central va. I am not complaining, trust me! We usually have really high humidity by now and mid 90 temps. We have low 80's. It's been lovely.

Hitting the gym for easy child's class at 6 this morning, then I'll hit the grocer, then I plan on a nap before doing some housework!

I hope your day is productive and calm!

:good_morning:
Sharon

Marguerite

G'day for Friday.

Sharon/LDM, enjoy the cooler day. It osunds like a busy one coming up so a cooler day will be better.

We had a cool day today with some rain in the evening again (just enough to dampen down the washing on my line). difficult child 3 had his weekly tennis game with his best friend while I and frined's mtoher chatted. She told me that a former teacher of difficult child 3's (one who was a control freak and a problem) has left, under circumstances that I dearly want to check out and which, if true, make me feel vindicated. I knew something was likely to happen with a new principal - I just never dreamed it would be so spectacular.

However, I won't be able to do any research for a few days because easy child has dropped in tonight to stay overnight & head off to Canberra before sunrise to sign the lease on their new apartment. I'm going too - I can be good company for her plus I can give her a break with the driving. Newcastle to Canberra & back again is a very long drive...

So any detective work will have to wait. But if I'm right, the rumour mill in the village will still do its work and I WILL find out, just by waiting.

Everything comes to him who waits... or her, in this case.

difficult child 3 will be so pleased, when he's older and I can explain it to him.

Marg

Sharon (LDM), It's nice to "see" you starting this thread today:D. It's way too cool for this time of year here too - Today is the best day we've had in a long time - Not too humid, high low 70's. I hope your day goes smoothly and you have some time to do what you want over the weekend.

Marg, As I always say, What goes around, comes around, (or I think it's something like this - I NEED more caffeine!!!) Anyway, I hope this teacher gets just what she deserves!!! The road trip with easy child will give you a chance to spend some quality time together even if it's just to sign a lease. I hope the weather is good and you hit minimal traffic.

This morning I'm going for a jog - I never made it yesterday. My ankle was bothering me a bit and the weather was just so dreary. However, I did get all of my errands and grocery shopping done.

Today, even though it's going to be cool at the beach, easy child and I are going to have our lunch there. It is supposed to be bright and sunny and both of us really miss the ocean.:beach:

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR::sunny::sunny::sunny::beautifulthing:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning ladies,
LDM, we are sharing the wonderful weather. I even got outside last evening without wanting to wither and run for the shower. I hope it sticks around for the weekend.
Enjoy the class.

Marguerite, it's lovely that you are going with daughter. I do a lot of long drives so I can appreciate a break.
Sometimes our mother radar picks up on all things "weird". Hopefully no children were harmed by the person who left the school.

difficult child continues on a high point. He is going to look at a work site with his job coach today. It's part time which is good for him to start. The goal is to prove to himself that he can hold a job. We keep reinforcing that it is not a career path but the first step in finding something he enjoys and can be proud of. He is understandably nervous. We will nudge him as will the job coach.

Today is getting the truck inspected then really cleaned well. Lots of dog drool (Yuck! )to scrub out of the bed.
I really want to crawl back into bed.

Hope you all have a good Friday. Do something fun this evening for Happy Hour. I'm thinking dinner outside may be a nice treat.
:bbq:

SFR, you snuch in on me. That pesky ankle sure does seem to keep you from your love of running. I'm sure it is a disappointment. Hope today is better. Could you come this way and take care of my errands?

Last edited:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, good to see your smiling face this morning. A nap sounds good.

Marg, have a safe trip.

SFR, enjoy your run.

Fran, I remember dog drool in the car ~ Sally has never been a drooler thank goodness.

The bus will be here in 10 minutes & kt is up & ready (she wouldn't get up & go to school yesterday ~ threw my whole day off). I visited wm yesterday & he enjoyed his gifts for birthday. I took out cupcakes & ice cream as well. (wm had a birthday cake on his birthday from foster mum).

Ladies, I golfed an entire 9 holes yesterday ~ really pushed my endurance too far & am feeling it this morning. AND I golfed all 9 holes.

My custom made cupboards are finally finished & being installed today, along with my stove. The floors won't be finished until next week sometime so my fridge will remain in the garage (the old one in my dining room) until that's done., BUT I will have a working kitchen.

Have a good day ladies.

therese005us

Hi everyone, hope your day continues to be fun - warm weather, golfing, going for drives, jogging, scrubbing trucks with yummy (yucky) drool; new cupboards all sounds great - can I start my day again please?
Well, after getting to bed around 1.00am - and sleeping straight through (till 5) I woke up to a really windy, windy morning. It was icy! Thankfully, no rain for the working bee. I dragged daughter out too, and we did our chores before she started her violin practise and schoolwork... She worked well, and then we started our list of extra chores. The visitors from the US arrived around 12.30pm, with my Pastor and some of his children - 3 girls and 4 boys (late teens to mid twenties) and they chaperone, an older man from our church in the States; they arrived much later than I expected, and too close to lunch! However, that was already planned and bubbling on the stove.
Unfortunately, we had enormous trouble withthe tractor, so I had to pull up the fence with my 4WD. In order to do that, we had to have a team of people checking the grass for debris (from our flood of November 2008) of which there was much. We also uncovered a sleepy Red belly black snake which horrified the visitors! By the end of the day we had a whole trailer load and some besides of stuff for me to sort out.
Meanwhile there was another small team finishing the deck my Pastor had started several months ago - the railings, steps and gate. Now when cherubs come to stay I can rest easy that no one is going to topple down the stairs or over the edge or go anywhere without my knowledge. I intend to get a padlock and use it when they come.
For lunch I was feeding 20 people, including my own family - so I'm glad I threw an extra tuna casserole together before they arrived!
The bathrooms, floors and windows all had a bit of a clean thanks to the girls; I am so blessed to belong to a church that encourages the young people to travel the world to do mission work; and so blessed Australia was included in this work for the first time this year!
I found out today that when we were devastated by the flood last year, our pastor sent out a plea to the US branch of our church, asking if anyone could come help me. Obviously, they couldn't, then, but they have now. In any case, members of my church came to our aid within a couple days of the devastation and helped as much as they could....
Little cherub was pretty good and cooperative today; I haven't counted the soiled undies for sure, but there were dry moments - and lots of smiles.
She enjoyed lots of attention.
daughter had to run off to her four hour workshop and is now tucked up asleep.
Tomorrow we drive to visit our new property and we can stay there, even though it's not officially ours yet... so that's exciting, and will be a nice break.
Have a lovely Friday, and a good weekend...

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Looks like lots of people up on this Free Choice Friday!

Little Dude's Mom - Sounds like a beautiful day for you weatherwise!

Marge - Always nice to hear when a bad egg of a teacher gets fried.

Searching - I hope your ankle is much better today. Lunch at the ocean sounds peaceful.

Fran - I hope difficult child finds a job he likes.

Timer - Good for you on the golf day. I am glad Wm liked his gift. It will be so nice to have those new cupboards up.

Teresa - I am glad you had a nice day and everything went well. Enjoy your new property.

Last night difficult child's ball game was called at 7:00. The other team had to get to another park for a double hitter. (that should have been scheduled better that they stayed put for two games). The game started on time at 5:30 and the boys only had 4 innings in at 7:00. difficult child's team won which was a much needed victory to bring up their morale.

difficult child's palms have cleared up so I will restart the Celexa. If it is from that, we should know by this afternoon.

Diva and I have a home party to go to this evening. I don't remember quite what it is - some new product show going around this area.

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday,

Sharon-Enjoy the workout! In the recipe section I forgot to mention on that last recipe if you don't have the wine vinegar you can just substitute some with some wine, I usually use some white zinfandel. We're having a weird summer here too, much cooler than usual.

Marg-Enjoy your visit with easy child! I hope you find out soon about the teacher, now you have me curious.

SFR-Enjoy the beach! Is it o.k. if I'm a bit jealous?:)

Fran-It's good to hear difficult child continues to do well. Crossing my fingers today goes well for him. Enjoy your cookout!!

Linda-Wow, the whole 9 holes, good for you but now take it easy today! I'm glad you will have a working kitchen soon!

Trish-What an exhausting but fun day. It sounds like a lot was accomplished!

Andy-Good to hear difficult child's team did so well! Enjoy the home party!

It's very windy right now and we've heard a few rumblings of thunder. Early this afternoon difficult child and husband are going to the Ice Age movie (he has two coupons which make the movie only $1.50 each).

Later this afternoon difficult child goes to respite for the entire weekend. It's so nice having a place he enjoys going, it's much easier for us to relax and enjoy ourselves. It's a bonus this weekend because we pick up easy child tomorrow and now difficult child won't have to sit through the 2 1/2 hour program-an impossibility for him.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: