Happy Free Choice Friday Morning

LittleDudesMom

:coffee: Good Friday Morning All!

We've made it through another week and it is Free Choice Day! My choice, to just chill this evening by the fire and watch a good movie :smile:.

My cleaning crew comes this morning and I've a trip to the grocer. While the crew is here, I still have a few things left to do outside to winterize the patio/backyard. I know it's kinda chilly :skate:, but I enjoy being outdoors in this weather. Remember, I'm the cold, ice, and snow freak :snowman:

difficult child appears to be doing ok in school. Now when others ask if he likes middle school he says without hesitation - that's progress! easy child is getting excited about her trip to San Antonio next week.

Wishing everyone a great Friday - make a fun Free Choice! Smile :smile:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Sitting by the fire with a good movie sounds like a great idea! It's great that difficult child is enjoying school and San Antonio for easy child sounds like fun! Who is she going with? Enjoy the cool weather! :skate:

I was laughing yesterday that I wasn't very clear in my good morning post. When I said I was worn out from this cold I meant my head cold-not the weather. I'm actually enjoying the cooler weather right now-in a few months when it's 20 below it'll be another story. :cold:

Work should be fun today as it is the day before the Michigan/Wisconsin game and usually we have a lot of fun with that. My room usually ends up being all red and white (until Monday when hopefully it will be replaced with Maize and Blue after a Michigan win)!

After work it's a therapist appointment. for me and then difficult child has a school dance but I think husband may take him. I'm hoping to get to the club for a workout and to bed early as this cold (head cold) is knocking me out!

I hope everyone enjoys a fun Friday and finds reasons to smile and laugh! :pet:

LittleDudesMom

Sharon,

easy child is a member of DECA (which is a national business club) and they are having their southern conferenece down in San Antonio. They fly down (two teachers and ten students) next Friday, meet the Spurs for a reception and then go to their game. Saturday morning they go out to Sea World to meet with management and talk about business plans then enjoy an afternoon at Sea World. Saturday night they have free time. Sunday is conference day followed by a dance then they fly home on Monday morning and go directly to school. She's not done an away trip alone yet so she is excited and I am nervous but excited for her!

:fan: have fun!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, I remember you.....that cold weather freak of nature! LOL! Enjoy the time outside.

Sharon, I remember you....that Michigan freak of nature fan! LOL!

Okay, sitting by the fire sounds wonderful this morning Sharon - I miss the fireplace we had when we lived in Seattle.

Sharon - enjoy the fun at school - by the way, Wisconsin rules.

I'm sipping on my HMJ & pondering a watercolor I was working on while I couldn't sleep last night. I should have been doing something for my sisters visit today - NOT. I was doing something therapeutic for me. OMG - how selfish!

It promises to be a busy day - very busy. kt & I will hang out here until the girls arrive (10ish or so). kt is going to bake her aunties a coffee cake. husband (for the first time in a month) has to go work at the office, but I think 5 50 plus ladies can handle ktbug.

kt has in home therapy around 2. At 3:30 we drop kt off to respite & then the 5 of us head out to play. Or my sisters/sister in law's head out to play & I nap. Doesn't matter either way.

My older sister suggest that while we hang around here waiting for therapist & respite that we whip up some Christmas cookie doughs & freeze them. Can I tell you how much I love my older sister? (She's also the one in charge of the Kahlua for the coffee - makes those holiday cookies really taste good)

Enjoy your Friday. Hug your loved ones coming & leaving.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:
LDM- I saw my first snowflake of the season on Wednesday... it didn't stick! But I thought of you. :skate:
Sharon- Sounds like you'll have fun with the football rivalry! :fan: (picture this little guy in blue & maize!)
Linda- Tell kt to make an extra coffee cake! I'd love to have one. :gingerbread:
I have just a horrible amount of running around to do today. Wish me luck that I don't fall behind! Gotta run! :treadmill:
Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :its_all_good:

Marguerite

G'day, everybody, Enjoy your snuggles round the fire. Linda, are you doing anything for your sisters' arrival? Or are you counting on them fussing around you? It's a novel thing, being guilt free.

Sharons, and TM, enjoy your cold weather. Cleaning the house is one way to keep warm; sounds like you both enjoy the cold weather. Whenever I hear of snow in your area, I will think of the lodge where we stayed in New Zealand, and difficult child 3 wandering around outside in the snow, occasionally grinning through the kitchen window at us, now all read and face happy.

We've had wet weather all week, with occasional sunshine. Some very close storms, but my garden is loving the rain. My tomatoes are forming well on their trusses.
Daisy the budgie is enjoying the new, higher location for her cage - she still gets herself out of it unless we actually wire the doors shut, but during the day we let her roam free, she spent most of today very quiet, content to sit on top of her cage, only popping inside now and then for some seed and water.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 has finished her two weeks of prac and is fighting a head cold, no doubt caught from the little darlings. The school year is winding down for difficult child 3, I really have to push him for a while to catch up in some subjects.

Wish me luck!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone!

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all,

We're enjoying some really excellent seasonably cool, fall weather around here...and other than having a cold car :blizzard: in the AM, I am enjoying the coolness.

For my free choice I choose that easy child goes and visits her cousin for the evening and stays over and that difficult child goes to her girlfriend's house and sleeps over so that H and I can have a night without worry and stress :flower:. I never did anything beyond make him an excellent dinner :spaghetti: for his birthday so I'd like to take him to the movies later without first having to drive all over the place!

TGIF...have a good one! :smile:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. TGIF to everyone. I'm ready for a weekend.

Sharon, how fun about easy child going to the field trip to San antonio. It's a lovely town to explore. Unique with the riverwalk and outside dining.
Glad that difficult child is finally coming to grips with middle school.
Enjoy the outside work and the cold.

Wiped out, enjoy the football rivalry. Sounds like fun for the kids.

Timer, those older sisters are great aren't they? :thumb: Have fun.

TM, you are on a treadmill, no doubt. Have fun.

difficult child told me last night that when his friends are "amazed" he tells them he is "just a big dumb goofball who was lucky enough to get the parents he got." :tissue: I'm not sure who this young man is but his words are certainly comforting. Now can he translate that into action is always the question. In between, he tells me to stop telling him what to do (which sounds much more familiar).
In difficult child's peer group he is probably the most independent and definitely one of the more articulate. He is also the loudest and most argumentative. He is more difficult because he is so much closer to n/t. Makes him not easy to train but he is an oddball in the mainstream.
It's the same circle I go around in my head over and over. What's in his best interest? What does he need? When is it more than he can handle?
It's definitely baby steps but it was nice to see him recognize that he has parents.

Have a nice weekend.

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon, Sitting by the fire and watching a movie sounds like a great way to unwind and relax... Enjoy your evening!!!

Sharon, I hope your room gets redecorated in Maize and Blue:fan:... I hope you get lots of extra zzz's tonight and finally get rid of your cold!!!

Linda, Enjoy your sisters' visit!!! It sounds like you're going to have lots of fun...I could use some Kahlua in my coffee right about now!!!

TM, I hope you get everything done that you need to get done!!! I hope you get some time to yourself!!!:bath:

Marg, Now that I've learned that a chook (did I spell this right?) is a chicken, what is a budgie? I hope everything goes well with difficult child 3's schoolwork!!! I hope easy child 2/difficult child 2 feels better soon and no one else catches her cold!!!

Jo, I hope difficult child and easy child are both out of the house this evening!!! I hope you and husband get to go to the movies and enjoy some quality time, alone together.

Today my kids don't have school. difficult child 2 has to have 3 baby teeth pulled. I hope the x-ray from the dentist's office is ok - If the oral surgeon's office has to take another one, it will add $$ to an already high bill!!!! Other than the trip to the oral surgeon's office, I'm hoping for a quiet, uneventful day and a peaceful evening...

Fran, I'm glad difficult child finally recognizes he has parents!!! I think I'm going to be where you are someday with difficult child 2... It sounds like a long, hard road... It's good to see that he appreciates you!!! I hope you're getting lots of "me" time!!! :bath:

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :blizzard: :autumn: WFEN