Happy Free Choice Friday!!!!

LittleDudesMom

We Made It :cheerleader:

Quick note for those who are new members or those who have failing memories (like me) -- Free Choice Friday came about when my difficult child had just turned 8 and was struggling big time in school (that's putting it mildly). We just worked so hard to get to Friday -- when it was pick up time and he made it a whole day, there was a huge sigh of relief --- two whole days without worrying every time the phone rang, homework struggles, etc. For him, two whole days without the struggle and anxiety. Friday evenings became his refuge -- he got free choice of the dinner menu and the tv (within reason of course). For years I would wake him up with a, "It's Free Choice Friday, time to get up!"

So Fridays around here on the general board became known as Free Choice Fridays!

Fridays are usually my day off from work but I'll be working this morning and then at 11:00 one of our employees that is currently the floor manager will be coming down to get trained on doing some of the bookwork for the entertainment/restaurant venue! I have been trying to get some help for a year and a half on this piece so I can focus more on the property management piece. I think, if she does well, I will pass her all the books/payroll for that part of the business and just do the real estate end. Fingers crossed!

It's cooling down here a little, tomorrow is supposed to be in the low 70's!

Enjoy your Friday and your weekend!
:bigsmile:

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon, We're supposed to have much cooler weather today too - High's in the 60's. Of course, the nicer temps still come with the chance of rain. I'll take this over the past couple of days anytime! Keeping my fingers crossed that you're able to just handle the real estate end of your business soon...

Not too much on the agenda for today. I'm going to relax for a while with my morning coffee, put in a load of wash, call a friend, take my "favorite sanity saver" for a long walk, something we haven't been able to do because of the heat, thunderstorms, the past couple of days, then go to my exercise class. Not sure what's on the agenda for the weekend except for a few home improvement projects. Owning a house is like dirty laundry - Always more to be done.

As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-I'm glad you will be getting some relief at work!

SFR-Enjoy that long walk with your sanity saver:)

Today our high is only suppose to be 65 and I am loving it, with one exception, I have to find a pair of pants that fit-I've gained too much weight this summer! Ugh! So glad it is Friday though-tonight we are going out to dinner and a comedy club with some friends from bootcamp.

Wishing all a peaceful day!

tiredmommy

I hope you all have a better day than me: the contractor just overflowed my main floor toilet and flooded the basement.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good morning all!

I'm glad everyone has positives to look forward to on Friday the 13th! It got much cooler here, too, so today I pulled out a pair of pants my Mom bought for Rose back in... February I think. Anyway, they're a perfect fit on her skinny little butt and about the length of capris on her long legs. I'm going to have to buy the child leggings so they're long enough! Then I put on little socks and her tennis shoes. Ohhhhhh boy. She does NOT like wearing shoes! Takes after her Mama and big brother there.

Our local Haunted Trail starts tonight, so husband and Pat will be gone every Friday and Saturday night till November. The first few nights I will enjoy immensely, since I won't have to do anything much but snuggle a little girl and watch TV... And maybe a few little things like laundry, though at least I won't be distracted by 12 million other things. Like Pat playing XBox and talking so loud I can hear him through the floor... I am sure later I'll get lonely and go hang out with my Mama and Daddy, or friends... And Rose's birthday party's coming up!

Have a wonderful Friday, all!

Good Free Choice Friday!
both of mine made it to school today....for one, it was the first time in a year.
I really don't know what to do with myself this morning!!!
rattle beads my phone doesn't start ringing off the hook with some minor stupidness.....I think my free choice is to go shopping--ALONE :-D
have a great day!!

I hope you all have a better day than me: the contractor just overflowed my main floor toilet and flooded the basement.

TM, I'm so sorry... Over the years, I've had lots of work done in several houses. in my humble opinion, it is NEVER easy!! While I was going through the worst of it in our first house, it was just as stressful, well almost, maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, as raising my difficult children. Hang in there... The finished results will be worth it.

For now, take a deep breath, make some more coffee, close your eyes and pretend you're on a tropical island, no noise, just the sound of waves crashing against the shore, lots of sunshine, palm trees, tropical breezes, and most important, lots of magueritas!... Hugs... SFR

KTMom91

Good morning, ladies!

I'm working today - first grade - and I'm having motivational difficulties. It's only supposed to be 97 today, so not too hot when I take the kiddos out for recess this afternoon.

TM, hope they fix the toilet and clean up the mess ASAP.

Hope everyone has a fantastic free choice Friday!

cubsgirl

TM- I hope your day gets better.

I'm running around trying to get ready for my trip to New Orleans. I leave tomorrow and am going with easy child. easy child and I have had a bit of a rocky relationship so I am hoping that this trip brings us closer. She is really excited to go. I am going to meet my nephew and niece who I have never met before (one is almost 2, the other 2 months).

Have a great Free Choice Friday everyone!