Happy Friday Morning!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Friday Friends,

Friday is finally here!! It's going to be about 69, cloudy and rainy here-tomorrow the thermometer starts to creep upwards again.

Busy day ahead, after work we will hang somewhere for an hour and then go and visit difficult child. After that we have a 50th birthday party to head to.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning kids. TGIF.
The weather has been perfect for spring. Cool in the morning and evenings, comfortably warm in the day. Lots of sunshine on top of it all.
We are hosting the neighborhood pot luck tonight so there will be a lot of running around to set up this AM but my middle sister is coming at noon for a bit of a visit.
We plan to do a small road trip to check on mom and in laws.
with-o hope difficult child is doing well.

difficult child has dropped 20lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a first for him. He is exercising on the wii fit and sticking to the Atkins diet. We are impressed.

Hope you have a meltdown free weekend.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

Sharon- We get your weather tomorrow, today should be beautiful! Enjoy the visit and party.

Sorry I haven't been around much.... it's been a crazy busy week! I ended up getting called into work on Monday, I worked the election for most of the day on Tuesday, had Duckie's after school performance on Wednesday and worked yesterday in kindergarten (with a field trip!). I'm exhausted!!!

Today is bills & paperwork and some light cleaning. husband wants to take my car so I'll be close to home all day.

Have a great day! :salute:

Finally, it's Friday!

Sharon (WO) ,I hope that your visit with difficult child goes well. Enjoy the party! I'm glad to hear that I have some company in my age group :)

Fran, it sounds like a busy day ahead. I love the idea of a neighborhood potluck, but hosting one is a bit of work. What wonderful news about difficult child! Losing 20 pounds takes a lot of effort. I can understand why you are impressed.

Sharon (TM), What a busy week...I hope your work at home today gives you some time to catch up and catch your breath.

sister in law and her hubby are due in for a visit today. They got caught up in bad rainstorms on the way from Texas last night and decided to stay overnight on the road. We're really looking forward to seeing them both. Fortunately I'll be working at home today as the rain and thunderstorms have finally made it this way. I can't say that I'll miss the trek downtown in the pouring rain! easy child's 24th birthday is Monday. He's somewhere along the Appalachian Trail , but if he gets close to working phone service I hope he gives us a call. We celebrated his birthday before he left, but it still feels funny to be missing him on his special day!

Find some peaceful moments for yourselves in the midst of your busy days....

Valerie

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Friday morning everyone!

Sharon, your days always sound so busy - enjoy the party tonight!

Fran, you also have a busy day planned, enjoy that potluck, sounds great, haven't been to one of those in ages.

TM, enjoy sticking around the homefront - find some time to relax.

Valerie, enjoy the visit with your family, sounds very nice.

Working alone in the office today. I think the boss may be in some time later. I am hoping to leave early, as it's gorgeous outside today and I could use the headstart time on laundry and housecleaning...leads to a free Saturday!

Been working with my mom's bank to get copies of all her financials, but I think my sister in PA has intercepted and making it difficult. I will know later as I'm calling the bank to demand the paperwork (I am the financial POA afterall). So glad it's Friday - enjoy!

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

A busy day today - I got a lot of sewing done, then headed out for difficult child 3's dental appointment (at the very dentally correct time of 2.30). I took mother in law with us, dropped her off first to do her grocery shopping. As well as my own groceries I bought more fabric for the costumes I'm working on.

The dentist was very impressed with difficult child 3's teeth - he clearly is looking after them, she said, she wished all her patients were as careful with their teeth cleaning. Then difficult child 3 began to tell her in minute detail how he cleans his teeth, how he's got it all mapped out in his mouth and how he avoids the edges of tat tooth because it sticks out, how he gets around tis other tooth, how he sweeps once across with the full charge of an electric toothbrush but when the charge is low he has to take more time and do it several more times and use the timer... I had to drag him away, he was taking up so much time. I did say, "at least this is one advantage of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)!"

We have a busy weekend coming up. Tomorrow I have more sewing to do, plus helping difficult child 3 complete more schoolwork. It will be difficult trying to get him to work on the weekend!

Enjoy your Friday.

Marg