Happy Friday!!!!!!!

LittleDudesMom

:swimming:"We're having a heat wave, a tropical heatwave" :swimming:

Good Friday Morning friends from sultry central virginia. It's definately a southern summer Friday our way. We are heading to 100 degrees tomorrow. It's not officially summer yet, wonder if that means we are in for a long, hot summer?

Hope this morning post find everyone well. The kids are having their last Friday morning of school - their last day is next Thursday and they can hardly contain themselves. difficult child asked me last night if there was such thing as a ko pill. I said, "A what?" "A knock out pill so I can take it and be knocked out until next thursday then it will be the last day of school!?" :hammer: Guess he's ready for summer!

I've my cleaning crew this morning after the gym then I'm planning on......well, nothing. Not sure what I'll get into today. It's a true Free Choice Friday for me.

Wishing you a great Friday :winks:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, all of you.

Sharon, enjoy your heatwave. I hope you haven't got too much humidity with it. Although - a hot day for the weekend is good, it means you can do so many fun and WET things. Even if you haven't got a swimming pool handy, a hot day is a good day to teach the kids how to wash the car.

Today we saw a fragment of sun peeping through the clouds. No heavy rain today; no rain at all, in fact. Everything is still waterlogged, though. The north road is still flooded but they finally cleared the rockfall on the south road.

I've been staying rugged up this last week, wearing thermals and jackets inside the house, not venturing outside unless I have to. But tomorrow is different - tomorrow is the Hot Pot Run, we've missed it the last few years. It's the Queen's Birthday long weekend for us in Australia and at husband's train club, train owners from all round Australia arrive bringing their little locomotives and have one long play weekend, running their trains around the track.
I'm trying to persuade difficult child 3 to come too - he can have some fun with a camera.

It's also this long weekend that my family associate with my birthday, although this year it's a week earlier than usual. So easy child & BF1 are again coming south to visit, staying with mother in law again. They will arrive before we get back, I expect. But I did warn them - this year, we are NOT missing out on the Hot Pot!

Oh, and it's called "HotPot" because the price of admission is two tins of soup per person, and it gets put into a communal pot and served up on demand with bread rolls, tea and coffee. Excess tins of soup get donated to various charities after the weekend is over.

So while you're enjoying your summer, we'll be warming our chilblains on the chimney stacks of about 40 miniature live steam locomotives. It's fun!

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

Andy

Good Morning!

Little Dude's Mom - Heat? What is that? We are having a very long cool/cold Spring. We did have a few warmer days. This morning is rain - cold rain. Enjoy your warmth, maybe you can send a little to Marguerite and me?

Marguerite - You have a GREAT weekend planned. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Me, Today I go into work to see how someone reacted to something I did on Wednesday before leaving. I wanted to check with my supervisor first but didn't get a chance to see him before I had to leave so just sent the 53 page fax of requests. Last time I did this, the person told me she did not want this - that the customer can ask for the info but we did not have to provide it!!! WHAT???? I suspect some sparks may fly today - I really hope she responds in either my voice mail or better yet an e-mail so I can share with my supervisor if need be (I know he will back me up).

Good day to anyone who snuck in and everyone else.

Stay safe during the storms -

Star*

call 911........call 911
AND STILL..........No one is worried about the polar bear.

I'm so glad it's Friday - My relationship survived putting a new liner in our old little pool - amidst much growling and grumbling and YOU NEVER SAID blah blah TO DO IT blah blah. But then says I'm NOT A CHILD STAR you dont' have to explain how to do this.....(slaps head)

I'll be so glad when it's full of water and I can sink to the bottom and not hear anything.

KTMom91

It's the last day of school here, so I'm officially off for the summer! I can't decide what project to work on first...putting junk in the street for community clean up, working in the yard, cleaning out the bathroom so Hubby can finally put in the new vanity, do some more painting, random household chores that just need to be done, clean the rat cage, walk the dog, go to the gym?

Think I'll have some blueberry waffles and read the paper, then see what appeals to me the most.

mama2lexxie

Good Morning! It is already warm and humid here this morning.
They say we are in line for moderately severe storms tonight oh yay!

We are off to Storytime at the Library this morning. Hopefully that goes well. Lexxie was done with school on May 25th, much earlier than most of my friends in other states.

Have a wonderful day!!

CrazyinVA

Staff member
LDM . .I'm with you in this heat. And haze. Glad to be in the a/c!

Extra celebratory Friday for me, as tomorrow I officially become an empty nester. Youngest difficult child and grandson finally moving out! Woohooo!!!!!