Happy Holiday!

Estherfromjerusalem

Just wanted to wish all those who celebrate it a very happy Passover and a meaningful Seder.

I won't be on the board for about 8 days. It's the Passover festival and I shall be hosting millions of people. For the first evening and overnight and the next day, we will be 29 people (one is a baby, so only 28 at the table!!). I am a wreck from preparing my house and preparing the food.

Behave yourselves while I'm gone, please.

Love, Esther

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Have a wonderful holiday with your family! Despite all the stress of preparing, I hope you will enjoy every minute of the time spent together :D

Wiped Out

Staff member
I hope you enjoy the holiday with your family. I love large families. My dad came from one and so did husband, get togethers are always so much fun but they are a lot of work. All worth it in my humble opinion.

trinityroyal

Have a very Happy Holiday, Esther.
I hope you're able to put aside the stress of preparing, and enjoy wonderful times with your family.

Trinity

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hope your holiday is peaceful for all and you enjoy your family. They have grown and blossomed over the years you have been on the site.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
A very Happy Holiday Esther. May your family be blessed with much peace, love, and happiness. :)

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Hugs

Andy

Happy Passover and Seder to you also! Do some of the 28 at the table pitch in and help serve and clean up? It is a lot of work but very much well worth it.

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello everyone, I'm back and still alive!

Thank you all so much for your Passover/Pesach greetings. I got into the festival on all fours. I think this will be the last time I do it more or less alone.

Now most of them have left, some are staying until Saturday night.

Three Shadows, I haven't got a clue how they do it, but it is very cute for me to see it. Makes me smile. I think some of them who wrote in Hebrew didn't need the translation! But I can't be sure.

For those who don't know, the festival lasts eight days abroad, and seven days here in Israel. So I wish you a continued happy festival, Chag Sameach!!

Love, Esther

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Esther, why is there a difference in the length of the festivities according to where you all live?

Am I right that you and yours are ashkenazi? Do you ever use sephardic recipes? I once went to Rome on a school trip with the difficult children and hoped to visit the ancient, continuously inhabited jewish quarter because I love the cuisines of this world. I believe that the cuisine of a people is an expression of their soul, as is their music. If you have any recipes from that civilization I would really love to see them. I never made it to the roman jewish quarter because of time constrictions.

I envy you your large family. Relatives can be an intrusive pain but you are bound together by memories. I am the eldest left in my maternal family and I am only 60 y.o.