*Happy Holidays to my PE Family*

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I just wanted to wish my PE family a happy holiday season. It seems my other family members are scattering this year so I hosted our Christmas dinner last Saturday night. It went well :whew: and we had a great time :thumbsup:

What are your plans this year?

Hugs to all,
Suz

everywoman

Happy Holidays Suz. It will be a quiet Christmas Eve for the first time in years. difficult child and Jana will be home with us. I have a pot of chili made.

Tomorrow I'm hosting for whomever shows up. PCson, daughter in law, and grandson will be arriving about noon. They wanted JJ to wake up to Santa in his own home and then will come here. My gfgbiomom will be here. Hopefully she will be stable. She often is either manic or depressive over Christmas, but I haven't been able to read her this year to even guess. Foster daughter has not contacted me. She is being a difficult child right now, but I do hope she brings the girls for their gifts.

On Friday I am hosting for gfgbiomom. My 1/2 brother, his wife, two children, all of my kids, my sister, her husband, and their three teens. And whichever of biomom's sisters happen to show.

janebrain

Hi,
happy holidays to you guys! It is quiet here. difficult child 1 and easy child son are both out in Seattle, it will just be husband, me and difficult child 2/easy child dtr. She is really missing her siblings. She says Christmas is when she and difficult child 1 had a lot of fun together. They had lots of their own traditions and i have to say difficult child 1 always was so excited over Christmas that her enthusiasm was contagious. So, I am missing her and my son.

Also, my 1st baby, Evan, died on Christmas Eve day when he was 4 months old so this can be sort of a hard day for me, varies from year to year. He died in 1981 so it was many years ago.

Glad to "see" you guys here!

Love,
Jane

katya02

Solace
Hi, Happy Holidays to everyone! We have a quiet Christmas planned, just the family home (and husband home for once). Things are a little strained as easy child 1 is stressed over law applications and difficult child is taking offense to pretty much everything and everyone. However, we're hoping to play some cards or games tonight and have a nice meal tomorrow. Later tonight I'll have my usual Christmas tradition of going to fill the four stockings and finding out I somehow bought wildly uneven numbers of stocking stuffers and boys end up with earrings or daughter ends up with a sample bottle of male cologne! :p I don't know how, but it always happens. The kids are so used to it now they just laugh.

goldenguru

Merry Christmas to all - I have been working (wrapping, cooking) all day. I hope to be able to relax some tonight. Big dinner at my house tomorrow.

I'm going to be bold and ask everyone to pitch in with clean up. Practicing my new assertiveness skills. :)

May you all be blessed whatever you find yourselves doing.

Hugs.

meowbunny

Merry Christmas everyone! Tradition dictates grazing, movie and church on Christmas Eve but we may change that this year. We haven't seen any of the lights and there are some beautiful ones around here. So, if I can convince my child, graze a little, go see the lights, church and then movie.

Tomorrow should be quiet. I've been invited to a couple of dinners but I doubt they want a 21 YO, so just the two of us and, hopefully, a lot of love.

May all of your Holidays be blessed and may 2009 give you one of your dreams.

HUGS

DDD

Happy Holidays right back at ya', my friend. Glad things turned out well for you. husband and I will just have the three grands tomorrow so it should be just fine. It will take the oldest four to harness little difficult child....she is so hyper that sometimes we're not sure if her feet touch the ground! LOL.

Merry Christmas, Suz. DDD

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm enjoying a nice quiet Christmas Eve alone, waching TV and eating Chinese food. I couldn't be more content, honestly ... I do not miss the drama of having either of my difficult children here :)

Tomorrow morning, off to Youngest's place to watch my grandson go into present overload .. Oldest and her boyfriend will be coming over there, too, and we'll all exchange presents. Youngest's boyfriend is cooking breakfast! Then back here to cook Christmas dinner. I'm looking forward to another quiet evening tomorrow, after everyone is gone. Is it terrible, how much I am LOVING my empty nest?!

Keeping fingers crossed that drama is minimal.. as tends to be my wish every holiday!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's so good to see so many loyal and loving faces around the PE table. Thanks to everyone for checking in. I hope these holidays are special in whatever way you want them to be this year...be it the joy of empty nest (I hear ya, Crazy! :) )...or the warm chaos of a full house. You guys are the best!

XXX
Suz

PS. Jane, I also can't imagine the devastation of losing Evan on this day. It must be an incredible hell. Hugs.

Last edited:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've attempted to reply twice now and been interrupted. We'll see if someone can leave me alone for 5 mins to respond. lol

First thing Aubrey is waking up to Santa presents under the tree and in her stocking. A quick breakfast and it's off to Daddy's house for "Mommy and Daddy" gifts and xmas breakfast with her other grandparents. She won't get to open any more presents from us until later in the day.

I'm having Christmas lunch. Easier on everybody than dinner. Mine is a pleasant easy to fix meal. We'll unwrap presents while it's cooking. While sister in law whines yet again that it takes too long because I insist that presents are unwrapped 1 at a time in order of age so they can be appreciated. ;) (drives him nuts lol) Then we'll call K and the grands in MO and everyone will talk to them. We'll eat about 1pm. Then it's off to mother in law's to visit.

Then I'm finished. :D (I'm smart lol)

But the kids have other families they have to go see, eat with and such. They'll be at it until late in the evening.

I'm still wrapping presents. My own fault. I kept putting it off. Only 2 or 3 more to go.

Merry Christmas everyone. May your day be filled with peace and happiness.

Hugs

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Am hoping if Bran ever calls me back so I can make a time to drop the gkids gifts off at their house and if not, am not sticking my head out the door in the pouring cold and rain.

I was finishing up with the gift wrapping last night when Dex comes in and says, oh, your wrapping presents - I didn't buy anything for anyone. SO just looks at me and smiles and keeps wrapping and when Dex went to his room, I said there is living proof that some things remain a constant in the universe LOL Man has NEVER bought anyone anything cept once I got a wind up Ballerina which he took with him when he left.

Its still a little strange NOT doing the 5:00 in the morning with the squeels of mom, mom, get up - Santas been - I miss that part. Its 7:00 and the boys are still in bed cause both of them were burning the midnight oil somewhere. Not even the dogs or birds are up, Dex went to work and its nice just sitting having a quiet cup of coffee.

Hope Santa brings you all the goodies you have dreamed of, and all of our difficult child's keep their noses clean and OUT Of trouble..

Marcie

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Lisa and Marcie, thanks for joining us. :flowers:

As the Fates would have it, I caught a bad head cold so I cancelled my plans and am still in my pjs at home. We had already celebrated an early Christmas last Saturday but Rob and Heather insisted on coming by and brought me a lovely card and gift :faint: - it doesn't get any better than that!

I hope all of you had some special joy this day.

XXX
Suz

ScentofCedar

Merry Christmas, Suz!

And Merry Christmas to every one of us ~ it's so nice to read about how each of us has spent her holidays.

We had dinner with another couple last night. Today, we went to the beach. All in all, a very nice time, though I am still missing the warmth and chaos of a houseful! I'm sorry to hear about your cold, Suz. Take good care of that. So many people down here are having the head cold turn into sinus infections or bronchitis.

How nice to hear that Rob seems to be staying right where he needs to be!

Wishing everyone a happy, healthy, and prosperous 2009.....

Barbara

Wishing

All my plans for family christmas re-union changed on Dec 23 when difficult child and I got on 194(heading north) and had the road at a standstill bc of accidents. We went home to michigan and since I had no plans I expected a very different Quiet christmas but one of difficult child's friends families invited us for Their christmas eve dinner and it was very pleasant and today I have a small church get together Christmas party.I just finished making Hershey Bar torte yum. Yesterday25th I just had a simple roast beef dinner with difficult child and later a group of his friends came over and it was a relaxing day.There was one time difficult child pushed my buttons but I LET IT Go and did not respond and all went well. I have to do that more often he he! Happy Holidays to everyone on this board.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Barbara! So good to see you visit and update us. I figure if you are quiet, things are good. Still, we miss your voice and I'm so glad to hear that you sound happy.

Wishing..... :bravo: for ignoring difficult child's button pushing. You have got to give us the recipe for that Hershey bar torte!

Suz

rejectedmom

Happy holidays to all. It has been busy here. Christmas eve I had to have the family in shifts since easy child 1's kids were sick and difficult child 1 didn't want them around the baby. It is Ok as we were all in agreement on that but it made for a very long day here and a bit of extra work on my part. Started at 2pm and ended forme at 10 pm. I slept in on Christmas till 10am (YAHOOO!) Then went to see father in law in the nursing home and over to daughter's house to watch the kids play with thier new toys. Then home for a bit of TV before retiring. Will be spending NYE with friends at the beach. That should be fun. husband took two weeks vacation. He is doing a bit of work on the house in between the various gatherings. Would you believe that it has been so quiet the last two days I was actually bored? LOL

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Merry Christmas to All! Sorry I'm late checking in. Had a wonderful Christmas Eve & Day here. Traditional Christmas Eve dinner of standing rib roast (YUM!!) with both my boys & husband. easy child picked up difficult child and brought him here for dinner. We had a great visit with lots of laughs. After dinner, husband asked what are the plans? And difficult child said, "I'm spending the night here if that's okay" and I was overjoyed!! I get to have both my boys with me on Christmas morning!!

difficult child's girlfriend had plans to spend Christmas Eve with her parents, visiting both sets of her grandparents, and the two of them had agreed it was okay for difficult child to be excused from that. girlfriend was staying with her folks overnight, so difficult child planned to stay with us.

After the annual Christmas Eve showing of "It's A Wonderful Life" we all went to bed. Arose Christmas Morning for gift opening and I made a big breakfast. The boys spent the day with us, and then headed to their dad's later in the afternoon.

Relaxing, calm, togetherness. Such a switch from the ghosts of Christmas past....difficult child used to always flip out at Christmas. More than a few years he had run away & he didn't know where he was....and one year he was in jail. I felt so much gratitude for having both my sons with me, I really enjoyed the both of them!

Peace

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
RM and PG- what wonderful Christmases you both had!

RM, good for you for making room for the good times with your kids/grandkids while still moving on with your plans and your life. Good for you!

And PG- what a long way your family has come the last few years. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes.

Suz