Happy Holidays!

susiestar

Roll With It
Hi, I am just popping in for a few minutes. I need to pay more attention to other things in my life right now but you are always in my prayers.

I had spinal surgery (neck) done last Wednesday. We travelled 70 miles the day before to the city my husband works in. When we checked in to our hotel (my mom and I) there was no power. By the time husband arrived we had power and we did find a place to get dinner.

Surgery went well, but I am showing signs of more osteoporosis than was expected. I have titanium bolts and a titanium plate in my neck now.

When we explained it to the kids Tyler was very thoughtful. Then he looked up and said, "Now we can call you FrankenMommy." :smile:

All in all, surgery was the easy part. Recovery will be harder - I hate to be unable to do things!!

Thanks so much for your good thoughts, bead rattling and prayers! They are much appreciated. I will get cards out later this week most likely, and I LOVE the cards I have gotten.

Merry Christmas!

Susie

Hey SS! Good to see you. I was wondering how it was going for y'all with the power outages. wife's and my families were without power for four or five days. They were at a restaurant when a crew from Georgia that had been helping out restoring service came in to eat - the people in the restaurant gave the crew a standing ovation.

Anyway glad your surgery went well. Hope the recovery goes well too. Thoughts and prayers, and have a wonderful Christmas!

Good to see you, Susie!

We were wondering about you. Glad to hear everything went well.

Take it easy and don't do what you can't. Enjoy your holiday!!

Love ya!

KateM

So glad to hear from you; we were wondering about you!

Yes,I'm sure recovery will be more difficult than the actual surgery -- so take it easy and let others pick up the slack.

"Frankenmommy" -- too cute!

Enjoy the holidays!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Me thinks the boy has his MUMMYS sense of humor -

Sending good thoughts and fast recovery vibes your way. Thanks for letting us know how you were - you missed the post last week for Susiestart to check in - but NOW we know why.

Speedy recovery and no pain wishes!!
Hugs
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie

So glad you stopped in to update us. I was wondering how things were going. Glad the surgery went well. Gotta love difficult child's sense of humor. lol

Hope your recover time is short. Take care of yourself. I know not being able to do things is the pits, but don't push too hard too fast.

((hugs))

:santa:

Estherfromjerusalem

Susiestar, I'm so pleased to see a post from you. I have missed you.

Well, I'm pleased for you that the surgery is behind you, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Please be careful and don't overdo it. I don't understand exactly what you had done, but since I had neck surgery just three weeks ago, I feel for you and wish you better quickly.

Enjoy the holidays, and try and remember to take it easy.

Love, Esther

Ephchap

Susie,

Great to hear from you. I'd tell difficult child I was the "Bionic Woman".
:rofl:
Here's hoping for a smooth recovery. I hope things start getting better!

Hugs,
Deb

F

flutterbee

I'm so glad to see you Susie. I'm glad the surgery went well. Titanium, huh? Well, at least you won't rust!

:rofl:

Take care of you and Merry Christmas!