Happy Hump Day

pigless in VA

I'm having another one of these mornings. :coffeedrinker: Some days I am caught firmly between SO and Ferb, and I hate it.

We're in the last week of school. One would think that the teachers would understand that for special needs kids, we should have a schedule written on the board. The kids were asking me yesterday when they were going to have lunch, and I had no idea. Consequently, we saw quite a few bad behaviors. What should have been a fun day, turned into a mess.

Okay, so to regroup. We have 2 1/2 more days of school. We will find a way to survive it. I have great coworkers, but I will probably be reassigned next year. Jack is heading off to high school, and I decided to remain at the middle school.

I have some giant yellow lilies blooming in my yard. I don't even remember planting them. One day I will fight the computer to be able to post some pictures of nature's wonders. Yesterday, Candy and I heard a horrible squeaking racket on the way to the car. We found the source, and it was two moles fighting. That was an incredibly funny sight. Rozzy was sitting nearby on the sidewalk completely oblivious.

KTMom91

Good morning, all!

I have a big, busy day, as Miss KT used to say. Have to go by the doctor's office to pick up a coupon for a different diabetes medication, since the one I was using has become cost prohibitive, go to the pharmacy to pick it up, and I have my first physical therapy appointment scheduled this afternoon. Because I was at my mom's yesterday, I didn't work on Day Three of Islam or write the review I need to write.

There are clean clothes to put away, and the dishwasher to run, as always. Buddy is full of bark this morning and seems to be having a wonderful time standing at the screen door announcing his presence to the neighborhood. The walkers are out, but it's too early for the basketball kids to go by on their way to the elementary school to play.

It's only supposed to be 81 today, and I am thrilled! I should be able to leave the house open all day instead of turning the cooler on.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!

Jabberwockey

Court started over and hour and a half ago at 8:30. Lil said it would be at least 9:30 before there was any news, probably later than that. If no news in the next half an hour or so I'll, .... :censored2:, I'll do nothing. If she was at work she'd have called. If she were done, she'd have called. If she's still in court and I call her cell she will ignore it but if she forgot to turn the volume down it won't earn them any brownie points.

I'm distracted, agitated, and edgy. Not a good combination when there are inmates only ten or fifteen feet away. I'm accomplishing absolutely nothing, just trying to keep from snapping out for now. Should have gone.

Jabberwockey

Yes, but at least there I wouldn't be risking an incident with an offender and I'd know what the time frame was so that would help. She just messaged me. They're done but I have no details yet. From what little she said, no jail...I think.

Update. Community service.

BusynMember

Hi everyone. Thanks for checking in. No work today (so far love this job...it is not a sit down job and it is full of mostly very friendly people and co workers). I have night hours coming up. Will have to caffienate myself to stay awake.

Lovely, quiet day. A group therapy woman's group I've been in almost twenty years coming up at 1, then back home and enjoying the solitude.

Dogs laying beside me.

Have a collaissal day!!!

Lil

Well apparently Jabber got busy, since he didn't answer.

Yes, I think this time he will do it. He knows there is NO WAY he's getting a 3rd chance. We got him permission to do the community service at my church and he even asked if he could start Sunday or Monday. I told him that was up to the custodian.

So...that's done. I'm home and drinking coffee and winding down. I SHOULD go back to work. I think I'll put on very cool clothing (we've got triple digit heat index today) and do some shopping. Just because.

Scent of Cedar *

Rozzy was sitting nearby on the sidewalk completely oblivious.

That is so funny, pigless!

:)

Buddy is full of bark this morning and seems to be having a wonderful time standing at the screen door announcing his presence to the neighborhood

When Paco does this? We say he is "Singing the Song of My People."

I'm distracted, agitated, and edgy. Not a good combination when there are inmates only ten or fifteen feet away. I'm accomplishing absolutely nothing, just trying to keep from snapping out for now. Should have gone.

I would feel that way too, Jabber.

You will know, soon.

Lovely, quiet day. A group therapy woman's group I've been in almost twenty years coming up at 1, then back home and enjoying the solitude.

I love this for you, SWOT.

We got him permission to do the community service at my church

Lil and Jabber, you two have done everything humanly possible. It has been a long hard time, but knowing you've left no stone unturned matters.

I mean that.

Going to take one another to dinner tonight?

:couple:

Cedar

KTMom91

Cedar, when my Wednesday panther starts up, we say he's singing the song of his people. He is the spokeskitty for the three panther boys.

Physical therapy appointment was moved up to 1 pm, so I had a PBJ, double checked the mountain of paperwork they gave me to fill out (I used purple ink, just because), and am just hanging out at home till it's time to go. The place is literally three blocks down the street.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Happy Hump Day!

It's 88 here and the office a/c is not keeping up so we have most lights off and shades closed.

I feel like I'm working in a cave today. It makes me want to nap.

There was a bad storm last night and my older dog gets very upset so woke me up for a bit. That's why I could really use a nap.

My not so Difficult Child anymore has a lead on a job from one of his roommates being his construction assistant. He doesn't like the roommate "too much" but I told him I don't care, he needs to do it!!!

pasajes4

I went to checkout a new organic grocery store......disappointed. I have more organic and at better prices at my HEB less than a mile from the house.

Nomad

Staff member
Not much to report. Daughter settling down a bit

Got 20% off coupon at drugstore and I use two expensive OTC products. Max is $100 and I get some cheap thrill analyzing it so I spend about $99 dollars and get about $20 off. The cashiers almost always notice. This is what my life has come to. Ugh.

Lil

Well I decided to pamper myself a bit and went shopping. Just a note: A fat woman clothes shopping when it's literally 100 degrees and humid as hell does not exactly meet the definition of "pampering". I did find two dresses at a discount store for $10 and $15 respectively. One I may return. I haven't decided if I love it because I love it, or because it's gauze cool and floaty and very bare and low cut with teeny spaghetti straps and it's 100 degrees. I definitely will need a sweater over it.

Now I'm back and ready to nap. Unfortunately it's about time to get the dogs out and cook dinner. Ah well, that's life.

Lil

It would be perfect for Vegas in late summer or a cruise or Hawaii?

LOL Yes...but I'm not terribly likely to do any of those soon. :D

I think I just need a new jacket/sweater thing to wear over it. I don't do sleeveless...though I own a ton of sleeveless dresses. That's what those short little sweater things are for.

InsaneCdn

That's what those short little sweater things are for.
Those "short little sweater things" are called shrugs. Just so you know what to ask for when you go looking for them...
And yes, it's kind of ironic that we, of all people, would want a "shrug", when we get way more than enough shrugs from our challenging kids.