Happy Mother's Day

Carri

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers like myself, with a child they may or may not see or hear from today.

God grant us the serenity,
To accept the things we can't change,
Change the things we can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Hugs,
Carri

wakeupcall

Mine actually called from work yesterday and asked when he could come over to my house today (he lives with his father 8 miles away). I was shocked to say the least.

On the other hand, haven't heard a peep from my daughter today, non-Difficult Child. Wait, maybe she's more Difficult Child than I realize. I've done pretty well detaching from my Difficult Child son, but she's another story. She's very distant and uncaring since my remarriage. Been married almost three years and she's never met him. How did I raise a beautiful educated daughter who has no heart for her mother?

Childofmine

one day at a time
Happy Mother's Day a day later to every single mother on this site. Wow, who ever knew being a mother would take so much?

Warm hugs to all Warrior Moms.

Jabberwockey

She's very distant and uncaring since my remarriage. Been married almost three years and she's never met him. How did I raise a beautiful educated daughter who has no heart for her mother?

I doubt seriously that you did. I've had this discussion with people before and while I HOPE that if my parents were to split and re-marry that I would be decent about it but its hard to say for sure. Remember, your daughter was in her 40's or at least close to when you re-married. While technically not an old fogie at that age, we are pretty much set in our ways and tend to not be terribly gracious about major life changes by that point. Don't try to force her to meet him but try to spend time with her and stay connected if possible but let her know that he is an important part of your life. She will either accept it or not but acceptance can sometimes take time.