Happy New Year

Marguerite

We just passed midnight on 31 December 2007 here in Sydney, so it's officially New Year's Day here, down under.

Here's hoping that 2008 will be a good year for us all

and as husband says,
The world cannot end today ...

because it is already tomorrow (next year!) in Australia.

We mostly watched it on TV but we did duck out to see what we could see from outside, looking to the harbour. We can only see the higher shells, but the colour was much better than on TV.

We had promised difficult child 3 that he would be permitted one, weak, alcoholic drink to toast the New Year. I have no fears he will become an alcoholic - he will have no need to sneak drinks and we intend to give him a taste for expensive quality he cannot afford to guzzle. So, one toast together - and that is enough alcohol for another year (him and me both!).

Have a look, by now there will be other links, from TV networks as well as youtube links.

It really was spectacular - not just the Harbour Bridge, but also the skyscrapers as well as barges loaded with fireworks, in the Harbour itself. And the usual finale with a cascade of fire from the deck of the Bridge itself.

husband is on the phone to family around the country - it's still 10 pm in Perth, I hope they don't ring us for midnight!

So, Happy New Year everyone, from Sydney!

Marg, Marg's Man and family

mstang67chic

Going Green
Happy New Year Marg! That's too weird! LOL I'm sitting here at work.....have been here for a half hour. I'm STILL trying to wake up!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy New Year to you Marguerite and all that have passed the 12M hour.
It would be a kick if someone from Fiji actually checked in. If I ever have the opportunity to visit I will make a point of checking in from Fiji. LOL. Never thought of it before you mentioned it Marguerite.

Send good wishes for your 2008 year. Better health, better wisdom and better progress with difficult child.

TerryJ2

Happy New Year!
I LOVE fireworks!
We just flew in last night from spending Christmas with-family in Calif. so I've been off the boards all wk.
Many good wishes for a happy, healthy meltdown-free year!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks for sharing - HAPPY NEW YEAR

////but you have to wonder how many people on boats or waiting that have been drinking looked up in the sky, missed the plane writing it and saw JESUS - can you imagine what a drinkin' man would think?

-I'd be a changin' my ways! lol SOME MESSAGE!

The fireworks are spectacular!

tiredmommy

Happy New Year to all our cd.com members. I pray for more peace, stability and serenity in 2008 for each of our families.

Marguerite

At 2 pm this afternoon Sydney time (four hours ago), we got a phone call from Scotland, from husband's cousin. He said it was about 1 am there and was calling to wish us a happy Hogmanay. He IS Aussie-born but has lived in Scotland for as long as I've known husband. His sons visited us a few months ago, they are great blokes, just finished studies. One is now a fully qualified doctor, the other is considering upgrading his qualifications to a medical degree. bright boys. And loads of fun!

I'm not sure where in the world is left, still in 2007. I think we've just about covered it now?

Marg

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We've got 45 minutes left of '07 in our house... and the difficult child's/easy child's are starting to fall apart :wink: Wind is howling outside, so not sure if the neighbors will even hear us banging our pots and pans. But we'll give it our best shot!