Happy Pre-Christmas Fun Thread....

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Okay I've looked at this thread at least six times and earlier, as I was leaving my daddy's hometown I wished I wasn't so far from everyone I love....

Now that I'm home, my life long dream and wish comes to mind and it's along the same lines as Buddy and Lia. I want a beach house...I've ALWAYS wanted a beach house.

H

HaoZi

Very surprised you don't have a donkey already, Star! I had visualised you living on a kind of donkey sanctuary...
I would like a simple cabin on a secluded bit of coast, somewhere hot, right on the water so you can sleep to the sound of the waves and swim in the azure water when you awake... and J can run around safely to his heart's content.

I think we all picture Star living some place like that, lol!

tiredmommy

I want to upgrade the house. Master suite added upstairs, eat-in kitchen and sunroom out the back. And a hot tub. Yes, a hot tub surrounded by all new decking around the pool.

That's all. What? I've been good all year! :rofl:

DammitJanet

I have lived at the beach. It was nice to visit, I get nostalgic when thinking and visiting but wouldnt want to live there again.

Star*

call 911........call 911
If I was on the island of misfit toys? I think I'd be the humble bumble. I think most often I look like him, in years past dealing with difficult child's I can sound like him, my breath probably smells like his in the morning, and I'm the tallest one in our family so I always got to put the angel on top of the tree.

But if i had to give one a home? I'd want the elephant with the spots......recently at work? I found the lion - and have him sitting at my work station. Everyone said "What is that?" I said "He's the king of the island of misfit employees." - So far he's the only thing that has NOT been tossed out with the garbage....apparently everyone I work with identifies with being a misfit." Go figure.

Marguerite

We were watching a UK show last night, "Renovation Rescue" where heritage buildings are restored lovingly but not always accurately (although mostly). I've decided I want to be able to do this with Camelot Castle (a large stately home we looked at as a possible venue for easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding and where some parts of "Australia" were filmed - not the house though).

I also will need the funds to do the work.

Thanks, Santa!

by the way, the house is not for sale. I don't know if it will be for a very long time, the current owners are doing such a great job in restoring it. It was a gambler's folly, a sort of Australian San Simeon. The grounds are equally unique with gardens laid out like playing cards. When we visited there was a lake with an island we couldn't see because the bamboo had run amok. Somewhere on that island, they had discovered, was an aviary built to match the house.

I hope one day that house and grounds becomes a well-supported museum instead of being allowed to decay once again. It really is a national treasure.

Marg

Marg's Man

While we're asking for anything (especially stuff we'd never get unless we were Bill Gates rich), there is something I'd like for myself.

At A$16,000 built by the particular bloke who did it, it is a steal but we need two new cars and a HEAP of other stuff before I would pony up the funds for this.

Marg's Man

Lothlorien

I have wanted a nice patio on the back of my house since we moved in. Add a new inground pool and one of those fancy built in fireplace/grills and I'm a happy camper!

busywend

Well, I am hoping for a Smart Phone for my birthday....so I guess that is too realistic to ask for here.

I would like to go on vacation to the place we honeymooned at. It was so completely amazing (and expensive) but I sure hope we make it back there someday - maybe 10 year anniversary!!

muttmeister

I want a brand new red Corvette convertible. I've wanted one since I was in high school (I graduated in 1965 so I've been waiting awhile).
The guy who owns the Chevy dealership in town is a friend of mine and he keeps asking me if I've won the powerball drawing yet as I told him that as soon as I do, I'll be in to place my order. LOL

InsaneCdn

All I want - for ANY occasion you can come up with this year - is...

1) A job for me that makes use of the 10-12 years of research I had to do in the process of trying to get help for difficult child
2) A job for hubby that actually fits both him and the rest of us...

And yes, those are both totally pipe dreams, but... we ARE talking dreams here, so...