Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
My very best wishes for all of us here to have a safe, happy, playful, fun, loving, delicious, UNEVENTFUL, peaceful and comforting day.

I am most grateful to be part of this family.........

I hope that we all enjoy our family, our friends, our moments and our dinners..........................have a great day everyone!

tiredmommy

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well!:thanksgivingday:

I've had a lazy day: woke up in time to watch the parade, threw the turkey in the oven, and now I'm off to shower and tidy up. After that... it's all side dishes, lol!

For those that are hurting, stressed or alone (or wish they were!) please remember that your presence in this a community is a blessing to us all. We love you and we love the children that brought you here, even if we don't always like their behavior. (((Hugs)))

scent of cedar

Happy Thanksgiving to each of us. You have been so understanding, and have given such comfort. I don't know how I would have made it through this past year without you.

We had such a nice Thanksgiving. One of our guests was Jewish. The Jewish people are celebrating their Hanukka. He shared our American Thanksgiving, and brought a traditional Hanukka dish, home made latkes with sour cream and applesauce, for us to share. We had such a nice time ~ great food, excellent company, all of us here without family and yet, we were able to celebrate this holiday together with such joy.

There are issues with both kids right now, but we put them aside, just for this evening.

We had such a nice time.

Cedar

KTMom91

It was a nice, low key day. We met mother in law, Son #1, and his girlfriend at Marie Callender's for lunch. Two hours later...we were finished eating and ready to leave. Service was really slow and they weren't all that busy in the restaurant.

After a nap, Hubby and I headed for Target. It was a successful trip...I'm done with my Christmas shopping. Heard from Miss KT after she and her hubby went to Walmart. It was a first for him to be out shopping.

SuZir

Of course not really a Thanksgiving, but my first (and likely last) Turkey Dinner went by without big catastrophes. Turkey didn't burn, wasn't raw or extra crispy dry. I'm sure it could had been better though. And the pie was apparently like it should be even with the home made quick fix sweetened condensed milk (again though, I'm not quite sure why anyone wants to eat pumpkin pie.)

Of course all of it could had been totally wrong and our house guest just too polite and good of an actor to fool us to think food was about right. Neither am I sure how much it helped with the original goal which was to make him feel little less alone, home sick and miserable. Hopefully a little at least.

InsaneCdn

I'm not quite sure why anyone wants to eat pumpkin pie
Careful, SuZir...
Pumpkin pie is a North American favorite!
But there are literally hundreds of recipes, and which one is "right" depends on who you talk to.
I've never had pumpkin pie made with sweetened condensed milk, for example.

But... pumpkin pie with whipped cream is just about the #1 favorite desert around here, and not just for Thanksgiving and Christmas, either!