happy thanksgiving

Jena

Hi!

I just wanted to take a minute and say happy thanksgiving to all of you. for me personally it's been a really hard year, as i'm sure it's been for alot of you.

I know that this is just an online support group, yet i have to say i feel as though i've gotten to know so many of you, the way you think, your personalities, etc. just from being here for the past several years and I have BENEFITED from it greatly.

It has helped me thru some really hard times, it is the only place i can really go where i know it's safe, calming, informative, support and even makes me laugh at times.

so, don't underestimate the power you all have. You have all become my friends, and the differences in opinion help, alot. gives me the chance to see stuff from a diff perspective.

so, tmrw might be hard for some of us, for one reason or another. yet if we all can just try to have a good day, find the positives in it, and just take a minute to realize life can be hard and totally bite sometimes yet is' thru our pain that we also realize we are alive and it makes us realize the happiness when it comes....

one positive i'll do tmrw is.......

i will wake up, put a smile on my face and keep it on my face till i go to bed.

anyone else wanna share the postive they'll do or try to pull from tmrw.??

ok my hallmark moment is over LOL

((Hugs to all of you)))

H

HaoZi

I'm going to attempt some fun quality time with kiddo. Weather willing, we'll go see Tangled. If not, I got her Diary of a Wimpy Kid from Netflix. I plan on making chocolate muffins for breakfast (provided I remember), and we're going to have a pizza night. Being as we only get out to the movies a couple times a year max, I'm hoping the weather won't be too nasty to go. Icy rain + rural highways + me not being entirely sure I remember the way + my driving in winter weather anxiety = not a good time.
I won't bug kiddo about cleaning up her area and the sitter on Friday will just have to look at the clutter.

Happy Thanksgiving to every one of you! You've been here for me this past year, when not one other person has. It's been a crazy year. I'm sitting here in the middle of a pre-Thanksgiving disaster in my kitchen. I made a cake which has sort of broken in half, I have to fix it. My cranberry sauce is in the oven, I think I put the bourbon in too soon- I hope it comes out ok. (I was supposed to put it in after it comes out of the oven). I'm about to make my sweet potato thing, the bourbon goes in this dish along with everything else. I cooked the onions and celery for the stuffing which will go in the crock pot tomorrow. husband took everyone to see Harry Potter, I better get moving! Enjoy!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jen, blessings abound for you this year. Your difficult child made it - that is HUGE. YOU made it - also HUGE. You kept reaching out when you needed a helping hand - also HUGE. Pat yourself on the back for a moment. You deserve it.

In fact, we all deserve it. Each of us has at least one thing to be thankful for, even if that one thing is that we have one another.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Andy

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!
:thanksgiving1::thanksgiving1::thanksgiving2:
.​
We are waiting to daylight to leave on our Thanksgiving trip. My job is to get everyone to my sister in law's and then the good times begin. difficult child has a pumpkin pie in the oven. I will freeze it tonight and take it with us. He loves pumpkin pie.

I told sister in law that because of difficult child's behavior we had to wait for to go in the morning. He was so demanding this morning and tonight that "WE ARE GOING TONIGHT!!! YOU WILL DRIVE TONIGHT! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE WEATHER! IT IS PERFECT OUTSIDE!" I told him he needed to be quiet about it and let me make that decision that the current weather here was not the only weather we had to look for. That it was starting to snow heavily where we were headed to 3 hours away (on a good driving trip). So, if we did go tonight, he would think it was because of his rude demands.

We are pretty much packed and ready to go in the morning.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Thanksgiving to each of you. I am so thankful for all of you. You are an amazing group and I am so blessed to know you. Thank you for all you do day in and day out!

I'm actually really looking forward to Thanksgiving (it's the getting there I don't like-too much cleaning, etc...). We are having 14 people over (husband's side of the family) so there will be 18 of us for dinner. I'm making a just over 22 pound turkey and it's in the refrigerator in the brine right now. I just wish I had my magic wand so the house could be magically cleaned!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I like Wiped Out's sentiments, too!

This has been a challenging year for me as well. difficult child issues, finances, my dad's passing, and life in general.

I am thankful for this place (and Runaway Bunny making it possible), for the people here, and for all the other good in my life.

I hope everyone has a peaceful and happy day tomorrow, wherever you are and whomever you're with. :thanksgiving1::thanksgiving11::thanksgiving1::thanksgivingday:

T

TeDo

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. You are what I am most thankful for this year. I am so glad I found all of you.

Stay safe and try to be happy, even if it is only for one day.

graceupongrace

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I am thankful for all of you. Even though I don't post that often, I keep up with what (and how) you're doing, and continue to learn from you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers this weekend.

Hugs!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I do so love my CD friends
They shoot me straight and rarely bend

In telling others how it is
A life not easy; yes it 'tis.

One rewarding ~we will say
Appreciating our better days

The smaller things in life we see
May not for us so always be

Glad to have met the struggling few
Your beauty shines, so rare and true

Thankful to have the friends I love
Special parents given difficult child's from above

From Star, DF and Dude -
May you find the peace and reality that this day and many others in your lives are truly blessed because we have each other.

Happy Thanksgiving!

DammitJanet

Who can post after Star? LOL.

I just want to say Happy Thanksgiving too. I think this makes my 11th Turkey Day spent with the board. Pretty soon I'll have more here than I did as a child...lol.