Happy Wednesday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:salute: Morning Friends!!!

So we got about 1/4 inch of sleet yesterday morning before it turned to all rain!!! So, I think that was my last snow chance ladies. I'm now turning my thoughts toward spring........Naaaaahh, I'm still looking for some snow!!!

easy child isn't teaching this morning but I have enjoyed getting that exercise out of the way early and then having the rest of the day for other things. So, I'm off in about 10 minutes to hit the pool!

difficult child had his first annimation class yesterday after school. He was so excited yesterday morning. Unfortunately, when I picked him him up he had a killer headache and has his lunch box cool pack on his head and also had a stomach ache. He said, "I started feeling bad when the guy was explaining how to do something at the beginning of class. I wanted to stay but I didn't even enjoy my first class."

I brought him home and fed him some ginger ale and some chicken noodle soup. I think he really just needed to eat. I picked him up around 4:20 and he hadn't really eaten much lunch. He felt fine about an hour or so later. The vyvance seems to affect his appetite much more than the adderall.

Wishing you and yours a good Wednesday - we are about half way to the weekend!!

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

Sharon/LDM, what a pity about difficult child having a bad headache for his first animation class. Here's hoping he can catch up on what he missed.

The hot weather is back here again, and I didn't really get to enjoy it. I went shopping with mother in law today - the recent stock market crash has dropped the Aussie dollar, and we've been advised that if we want to buy a new TV, NOW is the time, while the shops are still full of TV's bought while the Aussie dollar was higher. And mother in law's ancient TV is getting increasingly cranky. So we shopped around all morning, then made a decision - and mother in law now is the proud owner of a larger LCD flat screen TV with all the bells and whistles. Somewhere in there we did our grocery shopping and dropped in on easy child 2/difficult child 2. I had a catalogue for some jewellery sets in birthstone colours, she's been wanting to find these so her bridesmaids can have jewellery of the same design as each other, but different colours (to match their different coloured dresses). So humidity is up, heat is up - but it's not as bad as in Melbourne (where the tennis currently is - 40 C and up) and Adelaide, where it's even hotter. Our temps are around 30 C (mid 80s F).

difficult child 3 worked well today although he was on his own. Tomorrow will be trickier for him, it's my cleaning day and having someone else in the house always disrupts the schoolwork.

Here's hoping... depending on how much energy I have left afterwards, I might be able to help mother in law set up her new TV.

Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, you are one disciplined lady ~ out to exercise that early in the morning. Way To Go!

Marg, mid 80's with humidity is sounding better & better after our string of below zero days. It's wonderful that difficult child 3 is able to work on his own while you're out & about running errands.

"hi" if you snuck in.

There is nothing on my agenda today; don't even have to pick kt up from school as transportation is to start this morning.

Yesterday I installed a couple of halogen under cupboard lights. I decided I love dinking around with power tools. This could get dangerous, ladies. It's nice to have light once again over my kitchen sink & my stove.

Have a good day ~ stay warm & safe.

artana

Hello all,
Schools are closed and the kids are going to be in daycare. The road conditions are nasty slush with ice.:/ I'm still training folks here at work.

Andy

Good Morning!

Little Dude's Mom - I am sorry difficult child didn't feel well for his first class. I hope the next one goes better.

Marg - My difficult child will be envious of the new t.v. He can spend hours in the electronics looking at all the t.v.s. He loves large flat screens. I hope difficult child 3 meets his school goals tomorrow.

Artana - I taught classes for the last three computer systems installed at our facility. I also wrote user manuals for each of the units and the training center. One the things I have enjoyed most in this job.

My computer is still being a major PITA. It is usually stuck on the scroll feature or refuses to enter scrolling. Like right now. I know someone else has posted. I think it was Timer? Good morning Timer and anyone else. Not sure if I can get back into edit again. Maybe I will have to change how I do this. Read everything first with paper and pencil to jot down a few things that I want to remember to address.

Yesterday I met with a friend of mine who asked if I would help her set up activities for Lutheran Education Week the beginning of March. We had fun coming up with daily activities. One thing we will do is a beach party. Kids to wear summer clothes (no swimwear) and we will tie dye shirts. While some kids are working on shirts, others will be given playdough, legos, or their choice of medium to create a sandcastle. That would be something you as parents can do when kids are getting bored at home. Hand them some playdough and challenge them to make a sandcastle. I will work my schedule around the activities of that week. Most are afternoon so I think the Wednesday morning scavenger hunt and Friday morning singing at a local nursing home will be the only days I will need to change my work hours.

O.K. So my computer is still a major brat but I am much calmer than I was yesterday about it.

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Last edited:

Jena

good morning everyone! :)

We have alot of snow here, about 6 inches so far. Schools are open and no delays for that or my job. ugh. Yet difficult child is on her own delay lol, so here i sit for a few.

i have 3 appointments today that and heading into the office should be fun in the snow. :)

i hope everyon'es day is a good one.

Good morning, all! difficult child has been doing reasonably well. difficult child, easy child and I made chocolate chip cookies (lots!) on Monday night and there are now none left. I suspect there will be lobbying for more cookie-making soon as easy child has finally declared home-made cookies better than the mixed or refrigerated stuff. I'm going to see if I can push them toward ginger snaps .... I love ginger cookies!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning All!

Sharon-I'm sorry difficult child was unable to enjoy his first class due to such a headache! Hope your water class was fun and that you somehow get some snow!!

Marg-A new tv-how fun! I love our flat screen! Sorry you were unable to get to the beach.

Linda-You can come work in my house with power tools! I'll make sure I'm safe:rofl:

Artana-Drive safely!

Andy-Sorry your computer is being a PITA! I hate computer problems!! The activities you have planned sound fun!

Jen-Drive safe! I'm glad you have the snow and we don't!!

Rfs-Chocolate chip cookies sound perfect right now! Glad difficult child is doing well.

I'm on late this morning due to difficult child's sleep study last night. I took the morning off because I figured I couldn't get to work on time. I'm going to take a nap before heading into work.

He did well with the mask but didn't like it. Told me he isn't wearing it ever again. Hopefully his attitude about it will improve. I have to say he was in a really good mood this morning.

After work tonight difficult child is participating in a small dual wrestling tournament. Funny thing is, he is wrestling a student from my class!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

Good Morning Everyone:D,

Sharon (LDM), Sorry difficult child wasn't feeling well for his first animation class:( And, as far as SNOW, I'm more than happy to ship you what we have!!!:2cold: Wait, before I offer to ship it, I think it might turn to freezing rain...Please think positively that our schools are open tomorrow - I don't know if I'll be able to survive with difficult child 2 home all day...

Marg, I hope your mother in law enjoys her new tv. Keeping my fingers crossed you're not too drained to help her set it up... The jewelry sets sound pretty!!!

Linda (Timer Lady), Way To Go!!! I'm impressed!!! How about coming by my place? I can think of several "remodeling" jobs that need doing... I promise to make lots of coffee and bake some muffins or banana bread...

Artana, Be careful driving. Hope you're day goes well...

Adrianne, Sorry about your computer - I have a love/hate relationship with mine. I'm definitely "technically challenged!!!" Sorry I can't be of much help.

Jennifer, Be careful on the roads. Sounds like you've got a busy day ahead... I hope you get a bit of time to yourself later...

Running for the shelter, Homemade chocolate chip cookies, ginger snaps!!! You're making me want to bake something...

Sharon (WO), I'm glad difficult child did well with the mask and is sleep study is over. I hope you get to get caught up on your sleep:sleeping: Hope the wrestling match goes well.

I've had lots of :coffee: this morning. I needed it as I had to straighten up the house - We're trying to refinance and the appraiser was supposed to come by. However, she canceled because of the weather. Speaking of the weather, I've got to go - Have to see if my difficult children are being let out early today. easy child's school was closed.

As always, I hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile...WFEN

Mayapple5

Good morning, I'm struggling with a cold and something in the stomach, now for a week. Stupid doctor last week. :censored2: I explained to the nurse my face hurt and I was all stuffed up. The doctor came in and listened to my lungs, she was in and out within 1 1/2 minutes ordering a shot to give me a boost of penicillin for pneumonia!! I had a bit of a clear cough because of the c**p running down my throat! I really need to find a different doctor! Pneumonia my petutty!

Anyway, I only got about an hour sleep last night and am really tired!

I need help here...I can only reply on here. I really want to start a new thread and have looked for ways to do that both on a thread and in the main list but can't seem to locate how to do that, I'd appreciate any guidance anyone could give me.