Hard day.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I fell yesterday morning.....lost my balance (wasn't using my cane or walker ~ seldom do in the house) & fell hard. I'm bruised & sore.

Mostly I'm angry. I was alone, husband is gone & I laid on the floor in tears. husband wasn't here to help me get up. At first I called out for him & forgot that he wasn't here. He's supposed to be here, you know?

You just forget some days. You just forget.

busywend

Linda, I am so sorry. I understand the forgetting part. HUGS!
I hope your bruises heal quickly and you not sore for long.

tiredmommy

{{{Hugs}}} I'm sorry this happened, you must have felt so vulnerable. I think grief allows us to forget sometimes that our loved one has died; it helps us to cope. Have you considered getting one of those alert pendants? It might give you a measure of security in the house.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Linda,

When DF falls? OMG you would think someone lit his hair on fire if you offer to come and help or just sit with him on the floor and say something like "You know, I never noticed how badly these baseboards need painting - that's for really getting down here and pointing that out." My point is even if I am there? He would prefer I just leave him alone and not mention it, the walker or the cane. All reminders that he's too young to be this old and all antagonize our situation about being disabled.

Don't know where I was going with this other than I understand - boy do I understand.

Hugs
Star

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ah, Linda. I'm so sorry. I'm the queen of falls. Maybe I should get a cane. ;)

Seriously, you should always carry a cell on you to call a neighbor to help. You might have bruises now, but it could have been worse.

I did a nice face plant in the snow last night. father in law left some tools on my sidewalk. It's dark...couldn't see and yep, tripped right over them into a 5 foot snow bank. I sat there for a few minutes just laughing at myself. I go into the house and H is like...what the heck did you do? Nothing. Just a typical day. I had snow from head to toe.

Take care, dear. Have a phone friend in case of things like this.

Abbey

B

bran155

I am so sorry.

husband may not be with you to pick you up from your fall but he is with you in your heart! Feel better. :)

crazymama30

Linda, I am sorry you fell. It has to be scarey. I second the vote for one of the medic alert necklaces. I used to install them, so if you have any questions I can answer them if you pm me. More than happy to. Hope you feel better soon.

DammitJanet

Linda....I know how you feel. I am so afraid of falling. It is so hard to get up. I dont even get in the bathtub without someone in the house in case I get stuck or fall.

I have a terrible time getting up from my couch-it is just too low. This is really a funny story now though it wasnt at the time. I was attempting to pull/crawl up from the couch and Tony was tired too, so he kinda pushed me with his foot on my rear to try and give me a shove up. Instead of going up...I went face forward right onto the carpet! Boom! He was up like a rocket to pick me up but I was sitting there dazed...lol. Now I keep teasing him about tossing me on the floor. LOL.

rejectedmom

Linda I live alone a good part of the week and I too have had serious situations where I was left all on my own and too incapicatated to do much. It is very scary. I did get a medical alert for this reason. It gives me a bit of reassurance.

I am so very sorry for your grief over the loss of your husband. My mother is dead 7 years now and I still sometimes forget. We were very close and I took care of her during her illnesses. She was actually in a well stage when she died in her sleep while visiting my sister. It was unexpected and a bit of a shock. I think that is why I still sometimes forget she is gone. It is only a split second but I feel that loss all over again when the relatiy takes over. It takes time to work through grief, be gentle with yourself. ((((((((HUGS))))))) -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Those next day bruises and bumps really hurt. OUCH! I hate falling, thankfully I don't do it much. *knocks on wood fast so I don't start falling every few mins now that I said I don't*

(((hugs)))

Hope it doesn't hurt for long.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. It stinks that he left you all alone like that.

A medic alert pendant might be a really good idea.

Gentle hugs,

Susie

Steely

Hugs Linda........many, many soulful hugs are being sent your way.

Perhaps the worst part of a loved one passing away is our subconscious mind still not being able to grasp the reality they are gone.

In a moment of our deepest need or desire, our subconscious reaches out for the person we loved so much - and we as a conscious human have to realize, once again, they are gone.

And every time this happens, it is like they died again. It is torture.

everywoman

I'm so sorry. I imagine the feeling of helplessness in that situation is overwhelming. I hope that someday your body will begin to heal and that you heart scars over. I am still praying for you daily.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm very sorry about your fall and all that you are dealing with right now. I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been. Gentle hugs.