Has anyone heard from

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather? I've not noticed her posting in awhile, not sure if I missed something but am wondering if she is o.k.?

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I noticed the same thing and tried to pm her, it said I couldn't because she hadn't registered! She used a different screen name for her last posts.

flutterby

Fly away!
Hi ladies -

I have a new screen name. I had left for personal reasons, but having been lurking and keeping up as much as I can.

I've been very sick. I saw the endocrinologist last Tuesday and he decided that I really need to be tested for Cushing's. He started to examine me and stopped mid-way through to have me put on a gown. He didn't do that last time. My symptoms are much more pronounced. Kinda hard to ignore at this point. I'm supposed to do a 24 hour urine (and another test), but the next day I ended up at the ER with kidney pain and a fever. It took 2 trips to the ER and a trip to my doctor to get diagnosis'd with a severe kidney infection. Had to return Sunday night for fluids as I hadn't been able to keep anything down. After 4 days on antibiotics, I feel somewhat human again. I need to call the endo's office and see if I have to complete the antibiotics before I can do the 24 hour urine test. I talked to Lisa quite a bit through this. She's probably sick of me by now. :tongue: It's been so incredibly frustrating.

This whole thing has been very stressful on my kids. difficult child told me Friday night that everyone is worried about me and everyone feels helpless because they don't know what to do. That's extremely insightful for her, but devastatingly heartbreaking for me. It's not fair that they have to go through this, too. Her sleep issues have returned where she's having trouble going to sleep and is waking up at night. She hasn't mentioned any more voices, but I don't know if she just doesn't want to worry me or if it just hasn't happened again. She has been approved for services through MR/daughter, which is exciting. The day of her first appointment with the new therapist is when I woke up so sick. It's been rescheduled for late April. All in all she's coping, though. She spent 5 1/2 hours cleaning the entire house while I was sick. Of course, she was wanting to make money so that was a good motivator. She did a *really* good job, too. And even with her tutor being unavailable last week and my illness, she's managed to stay fairly caught up with her school work. It helped that her teachers were out adminsterting the OGT last week, so her workload was lighter. She's going to Minnesota with her tutor, who is also going to be her PCA, over Spring Break. She's really looking forward to going. R, the tutor/PCA, has been a god-send.

easy child is doing well. He's trying to be strong for me, but I know this is taking a lot out of him, too. He's the one having to take me to the ER and to the doctor. He was stressing about a lot of things and figuring out college was pushing him over the edge. I told him that he didn't have to start fall quarter; that he could start in the spring if he wanted and that seemed to take a huge weight off his shoulders. He and his girlfriend worked through their issues and she's planning on moving in when she turns 18 in September. She really needs to get out of her home and into a more stable environment. Unfortunately, her mom isn't stable and hasn't been for some time - if ever. And girlfriend bears the brunt of all of her mom's misery. She's such a sweet girl. I look forward to her moving in. I did talk to them both about being on birth control when she moves in. IOW, it's a requirement. I know they aren't active that way yet, but temptation will be a constant. easy child has apparently decided that he doesn't want much if anything to do with his dad anymore. There was a blow-up a month or two ago and easy child hasn't returned any of his dad calls since. Of course, that's my fault because I've brainwashed the kid. :rolleyes: If I had half the power my ex claims I do, I'd be taking over countries. It's unfortunate that his dad has to do these things and can't see what a great kid easy child is. Although, I have to give him credit for continuing to try. I just hope he can patch things up with easy child before it's too late. If it isn't already.

difficult child 2 re-entered my life and after a brief, albeit major, setback is doing well and really trying to do the right thing. He told me tonight that he thought about it and doing drugs was stupid and was not worth going back to juvie for. That made my heart so happy. So, what we do repeat over and over does start to sink in. Eventually. ;) He's doing the same online school as Wynter and will come over when he needs help staying focused or just doesn't understand how to do something. His mom is in a really bad lupus flare at the moment. But between her, me and Devon we are able to help him. His dad has decided that difficult child 2 and his brother have hurt his feelings and he won't take difficult child 2's calls. Nice, huh? The problem is, he also won't sign the paperwork so difficult child 2 can get into mental health (as dad still has legal custody) and difficult child 2 is almost out of medications. An attorney is involved.

That's it in a nutshell. I'll be around here and there. I have been checking in and trying to keep tabs on everyone.

(((hugs)))

DammitJanet

Well well...look who the cat dragged in. Good to see you back. Things have been nutso around here and I havent been able to get to a phone. Between the visit from Hades and Keyana being sick...I am flaring badly. Shoulder feels like it is broken...lol. Oh well...such is life. At least I am not a pregnant woman...that would just be too much (insert sarcasm)

crazymama30

I had been thinking of you. Good to hear from you, and hope all the doctor visits turn up. Having the "mystery disease" is horrible. I finally just started telling people that husband has chronic pain. No one askes what causes it, which is good cuz we have no idea.

Hugs.

Heather,

It's good to hear from you but I'm sorry you've been so sick. I guess I've missed alot!!! I didn't know easy child's girlfriend is going to be moving in - It's nice that you're going to take her in. I didn't know about difficult child 2 either. (I haven't been around too much either.)

Anyway, by the time you read this, I hope you're feeling lots better. WFEN

Wiped Out

Staff member
So good to hear from you, I've been keeping you in my daily prayers. I'm sorry you have been so ill and I hope they are able to find out soon what is going on. Cushings is kind of the opposite of what I have. I have Addison's where my adrenal glands stopped producing cortisone. I think with Cushings you end up with too much cortisone. Other than that I don't know a lot about Cushings.

I'm glad difficult child will be getting some services. Nice that she cleaned the house even if it was for money!

How nice that you will be able to take easy child's girlfriend in-it's too bad that her home life is so hard.

Welcome back and many hugs along with continued prayers.