Has anyone heard of ARPWave therapy?

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I saw my doctor earlier this week and asked about my continued habit to sleep A LOT. My doctor thinks it is still just from continuing to heal and rebuild strength. He and my PT and Occupational Therapist (OT) all have said healing time is reduced when you have multiple injuries, so this isn't far off base. He is old (really old) and spry as can be, and he suggested I look into ARPwave therapy. He used it when he had his knee replaced, and continues to go to their maintenance program to work out. He said a lot of atheletic programs (college and pro) are using it, and he swears by it.

My surgeon recommended at my last appointment a cream that is also not "commonly used" medicine, but is also used by a lot of college athletic programs with great results. Its just a compounded cream of common medications, but is applied topically instead of the general oral pill, and it DID work REALLY well. So I don't want to be skeptical just because ARP is not mainstream. But I don't want to waste my money and time, either.

So, just wondering....anyone ever hear of it?

susiestar

Roll With It
nope. no info. what is in your cream? Have you tried arnica on any of the sore areas? it is homeopathic and astounding, in my opinion.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
The cream is just something the doctor used when he worked with a football team at a previous job. He has it compounded at a pharmacy in AR. Its ketoprofen, baclofen, cyclofen, and lidocain. Nothing really earth shattering except most of those are generally oral medications, but the cream worked really, really well for me.

I'm not really working on sore areas so much as trying to reduced swelling and get more function back, as well as overall fitness - actually, my main concern now is probably overall fitness. I have taken a hit with this...I just can't do what I did before, and I'm concerned that with limits on what I can physically do, that I won't be able to get back in shape.