Has anyone read Lost at school

by Ross Greene?? Same Ross Greene that wrote the explosive child? I checked it out at the library Friday. And from what I've read I really like that book. I see my child and the situation at school all over the examples he gives. I sat and cried while reading the narrative of a boy in school he gives in the beginning of the book. Can't wait to finish it and see what I can learn from it. Hopefully I can get the school on board with-his approach.

crazymama30

I have not read it, but really want to. I have an abundance of books to read right now, I got motivated and ordered a bunch off amazon. That will be one of the next ones.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I've read it and it is very good, in my humble opinion.

It uses the collaborative problem solving techniques but tends to focus more on real life type examples of how to implement it. I really liked it.

klmno

I haven't read it yet, but am aware that it was highly recommended for both parents and those in authority at schools. I guess the problem would be how to get teachers and admin to read it. LOL! I found that at difficult child's school, if I referred to a book, they kind of shunned it, but if I went into a meeting and said "can we try this", never mentioning that I got the idea from a book, they were usually willing to try it.

4timmy

I really wish they'd sell these books on CD. I can't find time to read...... so it would be nice to pop in a CD and listen on the way to work. :D

4timmy

I guess the problem would be how to get teachers and admin to read it. LOL! I found that at difficult child's school, if I referred to a book, they kind of shunned it, but if I went into a meeting and said "can we try this", never mentioning that I got the idea from a book, they were usually willing to try it.

This is soooooo true. I always get the deer in the headlight look when I suggest a book too!!! It comes from my inability to accurately explain what suggestions I've read to them. LOL!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
If you can get the school to look at this book, I think they may be more receptive to this than others because its written in their perspective with actual case studies from schools, teachers, and admins that worked.