Has anyone seen these new products out by philly cream cheese?

DammitJanet

They are in tubs right by the tubs you get to put on bagels and they are chocolate cream cheese. They have dark chocolate, milk chocolate and I think caramel. Oh one comes in a box with 4 little tiny tubs of milk chocolate. Now I dont think I would put these on bagels but I just had to try it. I love chocolate and I love cream cheese. I figure that nothing could go wrong with the combo. I like chocolate cheese cake...lol. I wasnt sure what I was going to do with it but if nothing else I could just eat spoon fulls. I got the dark chocolate.

Well tony came home with those cheap little hard butter cookies and I decided to dip them in it. Delightful! I imagine they would be good on anything like a spread inside a croissant and then baked. That sounds wonderful.

Check it out.

susiestar

Roll With It
These sound wonderful!!! I will certainly check it out. We LOVE their cooking cremes, esp the Italian one. It is just wonderful. Sam's had 2 of the big tubs for about $5 an they are almost $4 each at the grocery here, so we got them and husband had forgotten we tried them. It makes a TON (the big size) when added to cooked chicken, veggies and pasta. We actually got 2 dinners and a lunch out of each tub, and we all had a LOT at each meal. they are super easy to make and YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY.

So now I can't wait to try these - if they are as good as they sound I will be in heaven and will have to fight JEss and thank you for them!!

I think you can totally put them on bagels. Manhatten Bagel sells chocolate chip bagels, so imagine that chocolate cream cheese on them! There's a local bagel shop here that makes black cherry chocolate chip bagels, might be good to try that as well.

My sister in law makes cheese cake using that plain cream cheese, imagine how good it would be with the chocolate flavor. Personally, it's not for me, but I'm sure you can't go wrong with it.

buddy

Q and I bought the cinnamon one and we loved it. Now, we can't find it anywhere. None of our stores carry it anymore.

I wanted to try those meal helper ones but then when I went to look I couldn't decide if they sounded good once I read the titles. Anyone have a suggestion for a good one to try. ?? We usually eat chicken.

edit: oops I missed susie's post... ok italian it is.

trinityroyal

Janet, they sound wonderful. I'll have to keep a lookout for them.

I often make cream cheese icing for cakes and other things. I bet that caramel cream cheese icing would be delicious. Chocolate too.

DammitJanet

ok UAN...I want some of those black cherry chocolate chip bagels! We dont have any of those wonderful deli's down here. All I have is what is in the grocery store and I am lucky if they have plain, raisin and blueberry.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
I wanted to try those meal helper ones but then when I went to look I couldn't decide if they sounded good once I read the titles. Anyone have a suggestion for a good one to try. ?? We usually eat chicken.

Personally, I don't care for the "Cooking Cream". We tried two different flavors and weren't impressed...

The chocolate cream cheese sounds really good, though. I'll have to look for it.

witzend

I used to make a cake called a "Chocolate Fudge Bomb". You'd take a regular devil's food cake mix for a 9 x 12 baking pan, and mix together a package of softened philly cream cheese with about a half cup of chocolate chips. Then you spread the cake mix in the pan, and drop large spoonfuls of the cream cheese/chocolate chip mix in the mix - about 8 of them. Then bake as usual and top with chocolate frosting after it is cooled. YUM.

We had a philly spreadable here in our store that had onions in it. We spread that in sliced salami and rolled it up for an hors d'oeuvre, and it was wonderful.

trinityroyal

I used to make a cake called a "Chocolate Fudge Bomb". You'd take a regular devil's food cake mix for a 9 x 12 baking pan, and mix together a package of softened philly cream cheese with about a half cup of chocolate chips. Then you spread the cake mix in the pan, and drop large spoonfuls of the cream cheese/chocolate chip mix in the mix - about 8 of them. Then bake as usual and top with chocolate frosting after it is cooled. YUM.

We had a philly spreadable here in our store that had onions in it. We spread that in sliced salami and rolled it up for an hors d'oeuvre, and it was wonderful.

Those both sound wonderful.

I've also used the philly onion in those finger sandwiches where you lay out several slices of bread with the crusts cut off, then spread cream cheese on them and dot with olives, then roll up and slice into spirals. The onion makes for a nice zippy flavour, and complements the olives well.

southermama3

I will have to get that! Honey I make most of my goodies from cream cheese varies from fruit dip to cake frosting to bagel/toast toppings. If I find anything creative to do with this kind of cream cheese I will let u know =^}

LittleDudesMom

I'm not a fan of the cooking sauces either - little too high in fat and sodium and not to our taste - but those sweet varieties sound awesome! Do they make them in a light version?

DammitJanet

No light. I cant see light chocolate. I mean what in the world is the point of light dark chocolate cream cheese...lmao. Really! They used to have a cheesecake in a tub but it went off the market. I hated to see that because I loved it. I dont like the graham cracker crust anyway so I would just take that tub of cheesecake and add some canned cherries and eat the darned thing myself. Now Tony buys two of those Jello no bake cheesecakes with cherries or strawberries and he makes one with the crust and one without. He puts mine in a bowl without crust and sticks it in the fridge to set up and then tops it and just gives it to me for my dessert. Everyone else gets the one with the crust. Yes Im spoiled.

I want the recipe for the chocolate bomb cake.

LittleDudesMom

Janet, it's not the chocolate, it's the cream cheese - chocolate is not too bad other than the high sugar - the cream cheese can be the killer with high caloric counts and high fat. They can make the cream cheese light or fat free then add the choc.

(can you tell I'm watching sugars?)

DammitJanet

Maybe they will come out with it if they see people are buying it. Its probably a test thing to see if anyone even is interested. Normally if I like something, it will disappear faster than a speeding bullet.

southermama3

If you have a iphone or android. Go dload the better homes and garden app and they have millions of recipes on there for all sorts of goodies..you may find that bomb cake on there..never know =)