Has anyone seen this movie?

tiredmommy

Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief? Duckie has been wanting to see it and it's at the cheapie theater....

Any reviews? Suitable for an adventurous 9 year old?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I took difficult child 2 to see it (he's reading the series). I don't recall anything objectionable for him or easy child had she wanted to see it. I would think Duckie would enjoy it.

susiestar

Roll With It
husband and thank you and Jessie LOVE it. I haven't seen it. thank you is pretty upset by violence and he had no nightmares after this.

Mattsmom277

My easy child (she's 10) can't take fight scenes or things of the like, so she didn't watch it. I know at that age, my difficult child would have loved watching it.

I did watch this movie with my S/O and found it quite good actually. I think if he's adventurous, he'll probably enjoy it alot.

If that is up his alley, we bought Tim Burton's "9" to watch last night and again, easy child wasn't watching (She was at her dads house for the night anyhow) but the 3 of us were glued to the t.v.
It is brilliantly creative and I can say I highly recommend it.

tiredmommy

Thanks for the links, Witzend & SRL. We really enjoyed the movie! I had offered to bring a friend for her but she refused saying she wanted some "Mommy" time. I guess I should check her for a high fever or perhaps a blow to the head. :hammer:

svengandhi

I saw this movie with my 10 year old, my H and another couple and their 10 year old. The movie was delightful and all of the adults enjoyed it.

The best part is that my son is now just about finished with the five book series (by Rick Riordan) and he was previously a VERY reluctant reader.

See it - there are some mild scary moments but nothing an adventurous 9 year old should have a problem with.

tiredmommy

Duckie and I both thought it was cool that the hero had ADHD and dyslexia... his struggles as a mortal are strengths as a hero. :)