Has anyone tried Freecycle?

ctmom05

I just joined one in my area - looking for a simple straight forward bread machine. The ones in the stores these days seem to have more features than I want or would know how to use. Bread machines are the type of item that someone might get or buy and retire to a shelf.

I am quite sure that if I look around my house, I will find items I have, but don't use - that would be someone else's treasure.

Please tell me about your experience with Freecycle.

DammitJanet

I have been a member of freecycle for a few years now. I do pass along items that are needed and have received some really great things. I got a crib for Keyana, clothes for her and even a few toys. I even got a bed for Billy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I use Freecycle too. I love it. My girls also use it.

Last fall we gave away what was left over from the garage sale. Lots of good stuff.

meowbunny

Another vote for freecycle. I gave a lot of stuff away when I moved. I posted an ad that I needed packing materials and probably saved a couple of hundred dollars by getting used bubblewrap and boxes.

Since moving here, I've given some more things and even managed to get a charger for my daughter's phone when hers got lost in the move.

LOVE freecyel.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have found that Freecycle has been a good experience for me.

I answer a lot of ads for things that are posted as OFFER - and unless you are like the first person to email the person who has the offer you pretty much are out of luck.

I did answer a girl recently about a Ferret cage. THe odd thing was (going to tell LMS_) check your SPAM mail - when I wrote the girl about the ferret cage - her reply came to my spam mail and I don't have a very high setting for it either.

I was able to write her, go get the cage and it's about a $100.00 cage in a pet shop.

NOW........to get a ferret!

So I'm another positive vote for Freecycle - just not the earliest bird to get the best worms - and when I move - I'm going to post for boxes and bubble wrap - THAT is a HUGE expense I can pass on to someone else when I'm done and keep the landfills clean.

When I get ready to move - I am going to be VERY popular - I have TONS of junk....

So it works for us. There is also another one (cant think of the name) Give America maybe - that puts cars and stuff on their site - for free. Maybe it's America Giveaway - I can't remember.

Good Luck - HAPPY GREEN DAY!

ODAT

I love Freecycle, too! I've given and received and had mostly good experiences except for a couple of no shows. Craigslist is fine also, I sold a few items very, very quickly & easily when I moved two years ago.

mom_in_training

Oh and heres another freecycle fan. Have used it with good results for moving boxes for my sister. Had her hooked up with plenty of boxes within a matter of a few hours. I browse through it frequently as well and am thinking about going through my garage and posting in the hopes that someone else could make good use out of things I just have in the garage.