Has everyone decided what you are getting the kidlets or are you waiting for boyfriend sales

trinityroyal

As for my collection of Tot Monsters and Monster Tots:

A few traditional items:
- new bedsheets, comforters, etc.
- pyjamas
- cuddly blankets

As for the other stuff, we're looking at a netbook or video game console for Little easy child, and some sort of ride-on toys for Tyrannosaur and Tyrantina (although I fear they will use them as battering rams to break out of their childproof enclosure). difficult child has his heart set on a giant Lego kit, and Step-D hasn't given us her wish list yet so we don't know.

With our collection of Aspie kids, they tend to get overwhelmed if there are too many things to open. We try to stick to one big toy-type gift for each child otherwise they just lose focus and can't enjoy it.

Trinity

muttmeister

I have about 80% of my shopping finished. I refuse to go in a store between Thanksgiving and Christmas except maybe late on a Monday night. I will probably finish shopping online. The one cute thing I got for my 2 yo grandson is a Rumbling Chuck Tonka truck. It does all kinds of actions and talks and makes noises and is really cute. Granddaughter wanted a unicorn pillow pet so I got that. My mother is getting a purple velvet jacket. Daughters in law are getting jammies and perfume. Not sure about the sons - older one needs tires for his van so I may buy a couple of them. Younger son gets money all the time and I am very angry with him so he may not get anything. I want a Kindle (are you listening, Santa?)

tiredmommy

Duckie has asked Santa for yet another American Girl doll.

Mom & Dad are getting her an ipod docking alarm clock, some clothes, a ton of books, a few dvds, a game cartridge, etc. I really hope my aunt comes through with the art set.... that was a gift idea that she "stole" from me, lol. Duckie will love it, though!

Mattsmom277

I'm very slowly picking up the odd thing here and there. I'm sadly scattered about the holiday shopping. My favorite time of year yet cant get into the shopping madness. Luckily we are doing the one big gift each thing, and a few filler type gifts (smaller, less pricey things). We also have a christmas eve pj tradition. easy child is getting ipod touch. difficult child is getting sony ereader. I picked up a lego city set for easy child and plan to get difficult child a small weight set (the barbells that stack in the little tower/pyramid).

I stumbled across the most authentic and adorable Fraggle puppets yesterday! Picked up Uncle Travelling Matt for easy child, and plan to get Red Fraggle if the store restocks in time, they keep selling out. They were just over $20 a piece and so well made. easy child is too old to play too much with puppets, but loves Fraggles. So do I for that matter lol.

DammitJanet

2 year old girls love doll houses. They also love any doll by Little Mommy. Strollers are a huge hit at that age too. Most kids at 2 are Elmo fans. Or Dora.

Pretty much, with a girl, you cant go wrong with anything Pink...lmao! Oh...there is a first purse that is wonderful and I think its by Fisher Price.

That crayola color and sing table is good for toddlers.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
TM Kayla wants the American girl doll so bad it literally breaks my heart. She loves the dolls.........and she knows easy child and Nichole both have originals along with all their sets bought for them over a period of many many years. That only makes her want one more. And I'd get her one in a heartbeat............except her parents would let her brothers destroy it, and I'm sorry not no 90.00 doll you're not!

Irks me no end. As I'd bought easy child's American Girl doll the first time husband was unemployed.......we were eating from food pantries and counting every penny twice........but I scrimped and saved and ordered her 2 days before xmas eve and paid extra for next day delivery. I will NEVER forget the expression on her face that year. And I'd so love to do that for my Kayla. *sniff* Maybe by her birthday.........

The my first purse is great for 2 yr olds, so are the Little Mommy dolls.......Aubrey loved those too and they have cute sets to go with them......crib stroller highchair ect.

I'm getting irritated. I'm having no issues finding the girls stuff..........but boy stuff is next to impossible. easy child and I are planning to join Nichole up in dayton for a major shopping trip and I hope I have better luck up there.

DammitJanet

I keep looking at the American Doll stuff too but I have decided I am not buying one until Keyana is old enough to actually understand the concept of the books and make her way around on the computer games. She still isnt that skilled on the computer yet so I probably have until she is at least six,...lol.

tiredmommy

Lisa- Try searching on your local craigslist. You may luck out and find one "to stay at Grandma's house". I personally wouldn't shell out the $$$ and set up Kayla for the heartbreak of the doll being lost or stolen from a shelter.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks TM it never occurred to me to do that because American Girls are collectible but maybe someone is wanting to sell one of the modern dolls...........at this point Kayla has no preference so it will make it easier. And no way would the doll go to the shelter with her. If I can swing it and get her one, it will stay a Nana's house toy until I can see if Katie will make her brothers leave it alone. Right now they destroy everything the child has without fear of punishment. ugh

Jena

i have decided for the first time to go shopping day after thanksgiving. i want to save us some money this year with the 5 kids and long lists lol. so i'll have motrin in hand and coffee and hoping it goes well lol. husband said i have to get up at 5 a.m.??? is this true???? tha'Tourette's Syndrome kinda crazy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hmmm Jena we got up at 3am for black friday sales.........as many of them start around 5am. lol You'll want to check area stores to see when they start.

I'd be tempted to try it this year.....................but I'll be up at 5am cooking Tday dinner as easy child works on the holiday so we're having it the day after. lol

You're a brave brave woman Jena. But some of the deals are great........but can be better if you know what the deals are before you hit the stores.

DammitJanet

Jena, you have never done Black Friday before?

Welcome to the dark side...lol. This year, some stores are starting at Midnite Thursday night for the toys and such but the electronic stuff wont start until 5 am. Depends on where you are going.

I know Walmart is starting at Midnight for toys. 5 for electronics.

Target is 4 or 4:30.

ToysRUs is 4:30 I believe.

I am hitting Walmart at midnight then Radio Shack at 5am.

You can check out the ads at bfads.com

Jena

OMG ARE YOU GUYS KIDDING ME?? Holy!!! Hey i'll get difficult child to bed at 2 than just go than lol. wow so i'd better get a list going tonight of what we need. that's the only reason i'm doing it save money........... we gotta get easy child a easy child for college, and the 4 other ones well it always adds up you know how it goes. family we cheap out on get them little things at bj's. there are going to be nasty ppl out there i'm guessing

H

HaoZi

I think Old Navy is also opening at midnight for it, and I can't recall what store but heard one advertising their sales starting on Thanksgiving Day (guess they want the shoppers to hit them first while they still have money).

DammitJanet

Kohls is opening at 3 and Kmart will be open all day Thursday as will Walmart...however, most of the doorbusters dont start until say Midnight or later.