Hate watching my kid hurt. (whine)

susiestar

Roll With It
Jess woke up very sore today. Sadly, she is showing a LOT of the signs of fibro that I showed at her age. I haven't told her that, and won't at this point. Until we can get a doctor to see that she really IS having problems, and not just blow her off, I don't want to have her looking for more problems than are there.

But I hate it when she hurts. She has a pretty good attitude though.

she came to me looking for her muscle relaxer (doctor rx'd them for the back spasms she gets so often but she has to let ME know when she needs one, they are not in her regular medication box.)

She looked at me and said, "I feel like I was hit by a car."

pause

"and I KNOW how that feels."

Then we both giggled.

It was funny, but kinda sad. At least for me. I am impressed by her attitude and determination to not let it stop her, but dang it, why can't she be healthy?

She has already, by age 13, gone through so dang much. All the years of physical abuse she kept quiet from us (for those who were not there - Wiz abused Jessie very badly, even tried to kill her. She took it for years, hiding it from us, because Wiz said he would kill thank you if she told us. She was just a little girl (2nd grade when we found out!), and she has worked so HARD in therapy to deal with all of it.

It just doesn't seem like she should have to deal with all of this health crud on top of that.

It's NOT FAIR!!!

Ok. done whining. Thanks for listening to me.

everywoman

I so understand Susie. I'm sitting here watching Jana on her machine, bending her knee back and forth. She is in such a foul mood---it's her birthday, all her dreams have been dashed---not once but twice in her short life---and she has to sit here on her 19th birthday with a stupid machine bending her leg. She wants to be out, having fun, doing...and she can't. And it makes me so sad.

Jena

i'm sorry she's aching and hurting, she has had a rough year and you are correct a rough run in general. She is very strong though as you said. Giggling with her and making her laugh and always being able to show her the brighter side is what gives her that strength through all of what she and all of you have been through. I hope you realize that.

((( hugs)))

Andy

Yep - Our kids are suppose to have perfect healthy lives. As much as we try to make our kids' lives the best it can/should be, life happens and challenges reach out to even the very young. We don't usually see it because we look at our kids in rose colored glasses. Their innocence covers some bad things that we would never dream that they are going through until the damage gets to the point that the hurt can not just go away with the revealing of the problem. We see the life we want for them and often miss the clues that it is not a true picture.

I am sorry that your children are hurting as well as all our difficult children and the thousands of kids who are not receiving help because they still suffer in silence not knowing they can tell someone.

Hugs to Jess and you!

meowbunny

It really does hurt to watch our kids hurt, especially when the doctors can't find answers or just shrug their pain away. I hope you find someone who can help her soon and let's hope the problem is something "curable."

I'm glad you guys could giggle through some of this. It really does help.

Hugs to both of you.

trinityroyal

Susie, I'm so sorry that Jessie is having to go through yet more pain. And it's hard on your mommy heart to have to watch her go through this.
Sending many gentle hugs to both of you.

Trinity