Have no idea if anyone has noticed I have been a bit MIA...but

DammitJanet

Well I called my psychiatrist's office today and told the receptionist that I was having a bit of a problem with my medications and wondered if I could get in to see the psychiatrist, she told me to come on in tomorrow between 2 and 4 so I will be there with bells on. My ex-therapist who has become quite a good friend really doesnt think I need inpatient unless it was simply for the medication wash. I am really not a danger, I just vent harshly. True. What would be the best of both worlds would be for me to have a really good friend to go stay at a hotel with for a few days and veg with. Especially if I had one who knew that I was weaning off medications and knew what to look for. Or...better yet...or maybe if I couldnt swing Club medication...staying in the regular hospital because I really dont need some idiot psychiatric student to tell me that bipolar mayners only happen when certain things are in alignment and psychosis only happens with schizophrenia!

klmno

I didn't really think you were a danger either- but you definitely need some respite and medication changes and I thought the psychiatric hospital would give you the best opportunity to accomplish both at the same time. Plus you would have a lot of opportunity to vent almost any time of day! I communicate my anger and frustrations and other thoughts bluntly sometimes too, so I understand that it's easy to be misunderstood by those with different characteristics and not feeling that same mood. Don't worry- we are here for you!

PS If I end up not being able to provide difficult child a home at all- meaning I have to turn him over to DSS due to lack of work- and also meaning that I would have to place the dogs somewhere permanently, I'll be banging the door down to the psychiatric hospital section of the VA medication center. LOL!

Last edited:

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Janet--

I've definitely missed you around here! Glad to see you check in!

I've no advice about the medications--but I do think a wash sounds like a good idea.

SRL

Janet, have you had your hormone levels checked any time recently. Sometimes when other medications are in play it's easy to overlook those.

busywend

Good point, SRL! Hormones wreak havoc for sure.

Janet, I wish I could take the time to hold up in a hotel for a few days to help you, but with the honeymoon coming I can not take the additional time from work. What about one of your DILs? Can they get you away for a few days?

Laughter is the best medicine. If there is any way you get can get away with some friends, go to the beach, relax, You'l fel a lot better. I hope they can fix this later today. Wishing you peace.

Marguerite

Janet, I'm glad you're getting in to see the doctor. I have missed you and was wondering if you were unwell gain.

An idea for you to manage and perhaps help get your point across to the doctor - go somewhere quiet with pen and paper, then take some notes on how you feel. Jut write, let your mind roam about your body and mind, then simply describe how you feel.

I did this when I was on medications that didn't seem to be working for me - yes, ADs. I would find myself getting up in the middle of the night, feeling distressed and not wanting to disturb husband. I would grab pen and paper and I remember one morning sitting watching the sun come up. I had walked through the bush and was quite alone, watching the sun come up and just writing what was in my head. Writing it down made me feel a little better, but it was also very useful to show it to the doctor, who read it and immediately took me off the problem medications. I don't think he would have, if I hadn't been able to demonstrate the problems in this way.

For example - you expressed yourself to us here, in terms that have us deeply concerned for you. But you rang the therapist's office and sounded far more rational; you were presenting your public face and in so doing, underplaying the severity of your problems. Hey, its what we do... but in this case, you need to put the whole crud out on the table, spread it out for the doctor to realise.

So when you see the doctor, show what you have written (either here, or your own notes).

I remember I had written about a page describing thoughts that had a life of their own and would not listen to me. These thoughts were like another person talking to me non-stop, someone who wouldn't shut up and someone I couldn't walk away from. I couldn't think clearly, for the constant chatter of my own (but alien) thoughts.

Hang in there, Janet. Let us know how you get on. Don't kill Tony just yet, not until you have a better idea of whether he really is being a pain in the proverbial, or whether it's just your own extreme sensitivity due to medication overload.

I agree, a medication wash may well be needed.

Hang in there, hon.

Marg

Janet,

So glad you're going to see your psychiatrist this afternoon - No real words of wisdom. Just want you to know I'm thinking about you and praying you'll be feeling better soon!!! Hugs... SFR

DammitJanet

SRL....I just had the blood work done and the results were sent to the psychiatrist. He was the one who requested them, with my urging...lol.