Have to call the psychiatrist tomorrow and tell her we switched medications

StressedM0mma

And I am not looking forward to it. I mentioned in a previous thread about quitting the Wellbutrin because of the insomnia and rages. We went back to the Zoloft, but the psychiatrist told us to call her before we did that. Problem was it was the weekend, and they do not check the phones. They tell you just to go to the ER. Not going to spend $200 for the ER to say sure switch back. And, we need more of the Zoloft, so I have to tell the psychiatrist, and she is going to chastise me I am sure. Oh well. I can handle it as long as difficult child is doing well. And she is. Now that the Wellbutrin is out of her she is doing pretty well again. Fingers pretzeled that she will continue to do well.

T

TeDo

If you had a good psychiatrist it wouldn't be a problem. I've had to tell our psychiatrist things like that before and it has been well received because "you know your kid better than I do". Good luck!!!

Steely

Yes, dont worry too much. Good psychiatrists get it. I told Matt what to do with his medications this weekend --- um we have been doing this 21 years --- I know all the ins and outs of it. Plus you are not talking about you starting her on a new medication, or increasing a dose - you are just going back to the original agreed upon XR. To me that is a parental right. (Not that I am advocating anyone NOT call a DR - always, if possible do that) One thing you might ask her is how you can reach her in an emergency. Matt had a psychiatrist that received phone calls day or night no matter what time of day....that is the type of person you need.