Have you ever tried...

Abbey

Spork Queen
...typing with 2 cats on your lap? It's not easy. They are fascinated by my fingers moving and constantly pat at them. I have to correct nearly every word I type. Then, if I don't pet them every 2 seconds, as well as the one on the floor, all heck breaks loose. Pet one, the other gets mad and they start to scrap.

Now, if I could get them to realize that my bed is MY bed and not theirs.

Ahhh...it's nice to be loved.

Abbey

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Abbey, not at the computer; Sam (goofball cat) is more fascinated when I play piano & is always jumping up on the keys because obviously I'm not playing the piece correctly.

Drive piano instructor bonkers during lessons - drives me bonkers til I throw him down the basement.

Yup, cats only love us when we need/want to get things done.

donna723

Haven't tried typing with a cat on my lap ... that would be instant chaos in my house! But my normal position at the computer is sitting sideways in my chair from the waist down while my top half is facing the computer. And while I'm typing, I am also launching a rubber ball across the room with my foot so that Katy, my chubby Boston, can chase it. A really good one will bounce off the door, fly into the bathroom, and will still be bouncing when she catches it. Then she brings it back and puts it right next to my foot to kick again. Come to think of it, maybe that's why my back has been hurting lately!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Yup. I can't type that way either. Bruce has finally (for the most part) gotten the idea that if Mom's on the computer he needs to relax on the back of the chair. I had to be firm since alot of my school work is done via computer. Heck, that's about the only time you won't find him in my lap. :)

It so nice to be really appreciated, isn't it?

Hugs

mstang67chic

Going Green
My cat doesn't follow my fingers but she does get in the way.

Chester will sit in my lap when I'm at the computer and HE'S the annoying one. He HAS to be comfortable but he doesn't have many options. Luckily I can turn the touch/mouse pad off on the laptop and use my mouse because that is one of his favorite places to rest his chin. Then I have to try to type around him because if I disturb him I get a big sigh from him because I've disturbed him.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, TM, I couldn't imagine me trying to play piano with these guys. Fortunately I've been so busy that they haven't seen the studio yet. They just paw at the door.

Very curious cats, but have given me more love and affection I could describe.

Abbey

maril

Abbey - how cute!

My cat likes to lie by me when I type. I don't think he could jump up to my lap. He's pretty big and also not as agile as he once was. He's good company.