Haven't done a recipe thread in a long time.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Queso... And it's not just good on tortilla chips. I like it on scrambled eggs, steak...

1 pkg Velveeta
1 lb monterey jack cheese
1/2 to 1 cups chopped green chiles/jalapeños (depending on how spicy you want it)
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup milk

Saute onion and garlic in oil. Turn heat to medium and add chiles/jalapeños. Cube cheeses and add them. Stir frequently as they melt. When they are no longer lumpy, stir in milk (if you want it thicker, add less, thinner, add more). Turn heat to medium low. Serve with chips, or over anything you want...

Lothlorien

I love goat cheese. I make this recipe with goat cheese:

You know me, I throw it all together, so I haven't got the amounts.

Sundried tomato & dill pesto

Sundried tomatoes -reconstituted
Olive oil
Fresh Dill
Pinoli nuts
Lots of garlic
Salt and Pepper

Pour over a block of goat cheese and serve with fresh slices of baguette.

I'm going to have to take a peek at that black bean recipe.

Mom2oddson

This one is a "Must" at all work potlucks and any family gathering.

1 cup Mayo
1 cup sourcream
2 roma tomatoes finely diced
1 bunch of green onions finely sliced
1 cup shredded cheese
1 cup real bacon bits

Mix all together the day before and serve with Wheat Thins.

---------------------------
This one was given to us out on the Puget Sound when a sailboats oven went out and they used ours.

1 can artichoke hearts chopped
1 jar marinated artichoke hearts chopped
1 can diced chili peppers
1 16 oz jar of mayo
2 cups shredded cheese

Layer starting with the first ingredient and ending with the cheese. Place in the oven until the cheese is melted. Serve with tortilla chips. And even people who swear they don't like artichokes LOVE this dip.

susiestar

Roll With It
This is a super easy Italian flavored dip.

1 Tablespoon Tone's Spicy Spaghetti Seasoning
1 c sour cream
1 c mayonnaise

Stir to combine. Great on chips, veggies, anything you would put ranch on.

I also sometimes use softened cream cheese instead of either the mayo or the sour cream.

I also have often taken a brick of cream cheese and poured salsa over it for a dip. yum, yum, yum.

Try a brick of cream cheese with jalapeno jelly poured over it and then raspberry chutney or jam over that. It is amazingly good.

If nothing else, soften a brick of cream cheese, beat in some sour cream and any spices you have on hand. Just keep tasting it and tweaking until you get what you want. You can use those sloppy joe or taco or fajita spice packets if you want or just start with one spice and add more spices a little at a time. If you use a seasoning packet like fajitas or whatever, DON"T put it all in at one time. Go slow!

For a super easy sweet dip take a carton of yogurt - vanilla or plain - and mix in 1/4- 1 tsp cinnamon and honey. Adjust the amt of cinnamon and honey until you like the flavor. Add vanilla if you use plain yogurt and you want to. You could also use pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon, or add nutmeg, ginger etc... I can't give a measurement for the honey because I haen't eer measured it. If you use cloves start with 1/4 tsp or less - they can really overwhelm this.

Lots of quesos are also good with a can of chili NO BEANS mixed in.