He almost messed up the test

TerryJ2

... on purpose, so he wouldn't get in. :anxious::surprise::sick:

But then he reconsidered, thinking that low scores would just make him look like an idiot. :peaceful:

Uh, yeah ...

He said he didn't try very hard though.

He said most of it was easy. But he had difficulty with-4 math problems that were for 7th graders. (Not sure how he came to that conclusion.)

I will now sit and await a phonecall from admin.

TerryJ2

Oh, I forgot to mention, he hates the school.

The overt religious decor "gave him the creeps," (mostly dark prints of famous El Grecos and DaVincis, and one cross with-huge nails, rope and blood on it--ugh!) and the teachers were all old ladies who smelled like old lady perfume.

I told him that I grew up like that, and all of his cousins go to Catholic schools.

"SO?"

After a few moments thought, he added, with a whisper, "Do they have nuns?"

"Yes."

He kind of smiled, intrigued.

Hmmm. Maybe he's at least curious enough to go back ... :smug:

B

bran155

I hope you get that call! I know the waiting is torture. Let us know what happens.

Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Andy

Is he in 6th grade? If so, that is why those problems were for 7th graders. He can not admit that he doesn't know or struggles with anything that is at the 6th grade level. If you are in 6th grade, then you automatically know 6th grade stuff - no studying needed.

Oh, I can feel your stress. Will these "old ladies" be able to reach him and have the patience to help him?

Good luck!

crazymama30

We turned in our application for the charter school last week. There was one page that difficult child had to fill out. One of the questions was something like why do you want to go to school here? difficult child wrote "I don't want to go to (insert name of school here)". Thanks for being cooperative there buddy. Enrollment is done by lottery, so it should not matter.

I am with you in spirit Terry. I have to wait untill mid April to find out if difficult child gets in. Any idea when you will get your call?

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Ugh, Terry! The smile...dare I say it? Is he perhaps intrigued by what type of undies the nuns wear?
difficult child 2 used to steal undergarments, had to remind you so you don't get angry at me.

gwenny

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hope it all goes well. easy child went to catholic school for 6 years and loved it. Best of luck.

TerryJ2

Crazymama, LOL!

ThreeShadows, ah, you have no idea of his history with-ladies' underwear, do you? I hope that's not a premonition. Eek.

Thank you all.

I have no idea when they will call. Just that this is the enrollment period.

susiestar

Roll With It
Hey at least he saw some error in his ways.

After an aunt came to visit and was discussing the way a cousin flunked one of the high school standardized achievement tests when I was a kid I thought it made a lot of sense to flunk those idiot tests we took every other year. No one's business how intelligent I am or am not.

A few years later in high school one of MY teachers was looking at our answers during a lunch break in a standardized test. Told me he would call my DAD if I didn't go back and put the correct answers down. I had, with a high degree of success, gotten EVERY problem WRONG on purpose. It was the 3rd or 4th of these tests we were given in ONE YEAR not including the PSATs and SATs and such. I decided I didn't CARE if I got them all wrong - maybe then they would stop interrupting my book every few minutes.

If they had called my mom I wouldn't ahve changed anything. But NO ONE EVER called my DAD. This was, in fact, the first time in my education that they even had a phone number for my dad at work. I could just IMAGINE the years of lectures I would get if they called him.

So I went and adjusted about 3/4 of my answers. My parents didn't know for several more years why I scored so low. When I told them their jaws dropped. They didn't know I had heard my aunt. Would have shushed her if they had!

So it isn't just YOUR son who thought of the wrong answers. And NOW they know if you can get all the answers wrong you CLEARLY know all the RIGHT answers.

TerryJ2

SusieStar,
Interesting, how one parent can wield more influence ... or downright power.
You were a stubborn one!

Rmom, thank you. I agree.

Still waiting ...

(And he's still complaining about the Old Lady Perfume ... I think someone needs to create a scent and name it that, LOL!)