He did it!

everywoman

In one week, he registered and was accepted at the school in the larger city. He is majoring in film production.

He moved on most of his stuff on Thursday. husband and I took some things to him today. He looked relaxed and excited and happier than I've seen him in a long time. He is temporarily staying with a guy (T)who was his bestfriend in middle school, before he (difficult child) went down the wrong road. He and friend used to talk about going to college together. T is attending an arts college. He had four roommates, but two moved out. The other roommate--who seemed to be a "good ole" boy (GOB) agreed to let difficult child stay as long as he needed to.

The apartment was clean, they had some vension cooking the GOB had shot over Christmas. difficult child and T are both skaterboys, and have the same silly sense of humor, but it looked like they get along well.

He has filled out numerous applications already. Of course, he should have no trouble finding a job there. Here in town there are so few jobs that they overhire and then don't give the kids enough hours to even make working worth going to work.

The biggest thing is husband and I are now empty nesters. Yeah!!! It feels good to have them all out and doing what they should be doing!

It's been a long road---but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Kathy813

Staff member
Wow, it just gets better and better! :bravo: I'm so excited for you and your difficult child.

Being an empty nester is wonderful.

You get to take long hot baths without interruption :bath:, sleep when you want :sleeping:, read when you want :reading:, and eat when you want :spaghetti:.

Enjoy the peace and quiet.

~Kathy

Fran

Former desparate mom
everywoman, how terrific. I know what you mean about the satisfaction of knowing your kids are doing what they should be doing. Living a full life!!!!
Best of luck to him and enjoy this time.

Star*

call 911........call 911
:bravo: :smile: :reading:Way to go college kid!

Congratulations Mom for this momentous LIFE in the right direction event.

(very proud aunti wipes tears)

Hugs
Star

everywoman

Thanks all. He texted me 3X today and called---at least he waited until I left work to call---just to check in....

Our next step is trying to get him a little more independent!!!LOL!