He finished community service

Star*

call 911........call 911
I hesitated to even post this here because -
It's something he SHOULD do
It's something he was court ordered to do
It's something that shouldn't normally get a kudos (in my humble opinion)

But since it's one of our kids and since he has never finished a thing (swear) in his life - I thought I'd just let you know there is hope, there is a hint of maturity in this and he's actually proud of himself for completing something for the first time in his life.

I am sorry it had to be this. Would have rather it been a therapy group or any sport or art class.....but it is what it is.

He said he hopes that his upcoming jury trial judge maybe sees that despite the fact that he could have just done nothing despite having to face "more" charges (we feel are bogus) he's done his community service and continues to do odd jobs to pay for probation - and is looking for a job....

I didn't even know this had happened = BECAUSE I thought when he went to the group home from hades last year? He had done all but 30 of 90 and they lost the paperwork - so the casworker (lazy) told the probation officer (sorta nice) "He can just do it all (90 hours) over again." (nice huh?")

Instead of being typical argumentative Dude - he just did it - and now he's done.
AND
He's the only one out of all three boys that did commit the crime that has paid anything on his fines, done any community service, and paid any restitution.

For that I'm thankful.....maybe the coconut did hit him in the head:faint: from the wise up tree.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Just because it's something he SHOULD do, doesn't mean he WOULD do it. So BRAVO to Dude! This is wonderful news and worth celebrating.

Suz :wine:

rejectedmom

maybe the coconut did hit him in the head:faint: from the wise up tree.

Star, As moms of difficult child's we muct take solice in the things that they do right. While your difficult child isn't at a total change yet, he is working at it and going in a positive direction. When he finds that he is feeling good about his accomplishments from within himself and likes that feeling, perhaps he will seek it out more often. I'm rooting for him.
-RM

trinityroyal

Add another proud board Auntie to the list, Star.
For our kids, finishing something you start IS a HUGE accomplishment.

Yay Dude!

Trinity

Ropefree

Banned
Wow. hats off to you Mom! When push comes to shove he has the inner core we want in all our children. congratualations. success is worthy of our highest esteem.
Now for the next success!

Star*

call 911........call 911
My only regret here?

NOT butting out sooner......lol - this thing where the teenager actually does things for himself and I'm not stressed out?

LOVERLY! :D